Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
×

Dynamic Lighting restricting field of view even when Limit Field of Vision is turned off - what am I doing wrong?

1596376991

Edited 1596380216
The title basically says it all. I'm using the Updated Dynamic Lighting to set a scene of an unlit dungeon with a bunch of green fungi giving off light to a radius of 1'. I've got a couple of characters with Night Vision turned on, tinted purple, and out to a range of 60'. I've got Limit Field of Vision turned off because I don't want the players to have to bother with rotating their tokens. Everything was working for awhile with a good 60' radius, and then all of a sudden all of my character tokens automatically started limiting the field of vision when dropped in. Has anyone else experienced this? Pictures below. Settings: Result:
Update (not solved) The problem seems to be tied to the light I've attached to the fungi. I've tried placing them on the map by: - making it a token that sheds dim light for 2 feet, placing that token on the map layer, and copying/pasting a bunch of times - placing the fungi WITHOUT light on the map layer and then creating a different token that sheds dim light for 2 feet which I place on the dynamic lighting layer on top of each section of fungi The problem only appears after I place a certain amount of mushrooms/light. If I delete everything, the character's vision works normally. Then I start placing the mushrooms and the vision works normally  until I hit some critical mass of ambient light, and I'm not sure exactly what that threshold is. Does anyone understand why this might be?
1596412633
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
This is a bug with updated dynamic lighting. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9023255/" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/permalink/9023255/</a> Updated Dynamic Lighting is still under active development. I would highly recommend using Legacy Dynamic Lighting until it is retired for your active games.