Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

New column being goofy

The below code was working to create a new column in the sheet for the stats list vs the the character info on the left, after cleaning up the lines so I can more quickly make revisions it is no longer doing so, the image lines is where the new column would ideally start and encompasses the section below. I cannot for the life of me find any reason it would suddenly stop like this.    </select> </div> </div> </div> <!-- Right Columnumn, Top Row --> <div class="Column"> <div class="characteristics"> <h3 data="characteristics">Statistics------------------------------Base/Temp/RollMod</h3> <!-- Left Columnn (Characteristics) --> <!-- Strength --> <div class="2ColumnRow"> <div class="Column"> <button name="roll_STR" type="roll" value="/em rolls a Strength Test: [[[[floor(((@{Strength}+@{TempSTR}+10)+@{RMODSTR})/10)]]d10>@{SuccessThreshold}!]]."> <span data="strength">Strength</span> </button> </div>
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The most likely explanation is you've cleaned up a bit too much and have a missing </div> or two, or an extra <div> or two somewhere. You'll have to pull back further, examine all the code to the </div> that ends the column, as well as any columns before and after it, and the container for that column. html can be frustrating.
Thanks, I'll run through it all and double check

Edited 1596395779
I double checked it, and nothing has actually changed in the html, It was just indenting to make it cleaner.  EDIT: I found it, at some point apparently I typed </ and Sublime auto closed one mid way through a different line, thanks GiGs
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
auto-closing html editors can be such a pain - usually a blesisng, but they do catch you out sometimes :)
I minimized all the blocks by div and one closed halfway, so the editor broke it, and then helped fix it lol. 
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
I use an extension for VSC called rainbow tags that provide a nice visual indicator for elements. I find it very useful.  I'm sure there's something similar in sublime and other editors.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
wow, I look at enough roll20 sheets and too little at HTML in general, that I was ready to call you out on not needing the row 1-8.. ...before I looked at the rest, and realized you're showing some general HTML, and not a snippet from a character sheet...
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
Andreas J. said: wow, I look at enough roll20 sheets and too little at HTML in general, that I was ready to call you out on not needing the row 1-8.. ...before I looked at the rest, and realized you're showing some general HTML, and not a snippet from a character sheet... Gotcha. ;-P