Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Gundam interest check

I’m still sorting out some of the details about the setting and what exactly I want to do. But im looking to see if there is any interest in the Gundam/mecha setting. Will most likely be using Fate as the system. I’ll invest more information into the planning depending on if I get 3-4 interested minds. 
Hm... if you don't mind a text based player, I'd be interested. Recently been trying to dip my toes into the Gundam fandom and always a fan of mecha besides.
I and another might be depending on time
Gronzen said: Hm... if you don't mind a text based player, I'd be interested. Recently been trying to dip my toes into the Gundam fandom and always a fan of mecha besides. I personally don’t mind it but it honestly depends on the rest of the party. I’ve dealt with one person not using voice once before and it drastically slowed things down (which didn’t bother me) but some of the other players did not want to deal with it.
Michael K. said: I and another might be depending on time What time works for you guys 
Not sure about the other two but I'm pretty free whenever.
This sounds like a great idea.  The gundam universe has so much potential for RP!  Would we be piloting gundams or grunt MS?
I am in. Considering I am already working with another DM on his gundam based game and create new units. :D Will you let us create our own? Instead of using existing ones?

Edited 1596382080
Gronzen said: Not sure about the other two but I'm pretty free whenever. Awesome!  Arvel said: This sounds like a great idea.  The gundam universe has so much potential for RP!  Would we be piloting gundams or grunt MS? Well thats a good question. MS Pilots would be easier to justify narratively but Im sure we can figure something out.   Avarita said: I am in. Considering I am already working with another DM on his gundam based game and create new units. :D Will you let us create our own? Instead of using existing ones? Awesome, not sure what system you guys are using (how complex its going to be). I wouldn't mind someone creating their own as long as it stays within the scope of whats already made. Everything would have to subject to approval but Im down to see if it can be done. 
So to add to the conversation I was thinking of the start of the campaign. I personally really enjoyed Iron Blood Orphans (easily the best in my opinion), not sure if anyone has finished the show or not.  Possible Storyline So I was thinking the storyline could be sometime after dealing with Tekkadan, All of the Territories voted that every State and current military source was to demilitarize or downsize due to all of the war and chaos for the past 100+ years. But there was a loop hole in this idea, Private Military Contractor groups would be utilized to do the territories work for them.  Where we come in Maybe they are part of a newly funded Private Military Group that operates on the outer system of Jupiter that is helping one of the major earth factions collect illegal gasses while the group provides security. Maybe something goes wrong? 
If I were to pick era. I would say Cosmic Era(One that is most developed technology wise). IBO is certainly great story(At least some of it), but based on its own limitations it does not really do well with many out of norm units. But if group wanna run run of the mill units then all hands for IBO timeline. :)
Avarita said: If I were to pick era. I would say Cosmic Era(One that is most developed technology wise). IBO is certainly great story(At least some of it), but based on its own limitations it does not really do well with many out of norm units. But if group wanna run run of the mill units then all hands for IBO timeline. :) Well this would be sometime after the actual timeline. So anything is possible on our end at least. 
Well if you are ok with creativity on our part. Then hands down. :) I am in. Btw contact me on discord: Avarita#6908 I am mostly there anyway.
Avarita said: Well if you are ok with creativity on our part. Then hands down. :) I am in. Btw contact me on discord: Avarita#6908 I am mostly there anyway. T4 i will add you on there. 
A new advertisement Link will be posted soon. Hopefully I get to see you Pilots in game :) 
Sounds good!
When is this game and is there still room?
Theuglydwarfling said: When is this game and is there still room? Haven’t decided on a time yet. Be on the lookout for my advertisement coming up probably tonight. 
<a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9031551/lfp-fate-gundam-black-flag/?pageforid=9031551#post-9031551" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9031551/lfp-fate-gundam-black-flag/?pageforid=9031551#post-9031551</a> The Game Advertisement along with some other details. Please go comment if you can work with the time that Ive provided!&nbsp;