Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Help with Nested PowerCard Macro Usable by GM But Not Players

I have looked through the community forums and haven't seen this issue.  Working on a macro that lists a player's possible weapon attacks then calls the selected PowerCard macro attack when selected.  The macro is: &{template:default} {{name=WeaponAttackList}}  {{Type= [Quarterstaff]( 
 #Quarterstaff+1)  [Flurry]( 
 #Flurry-of-Blows)  [Bow]( 
 #PerynsBow)}} The nested macro being selected (for example): !power {{   --txcolor|#ffff00   --bgcolor|#000000   --titlefontshadow|#0000cc   --corners|10   --name|@{selected|character_name}   --leftsub|KICKS ROYAL ASS   --rightsub|with a +1 Quarterstaff    --Attack|s and rolls [[ [$Atk] ?{Attack|Standard,1d20cf<1cs>20|Advantage,2d20kh1cf<1cs>20|Disadvantage,2d20kl1cf<1cs>20} + @{selected|dexterity_mod} [DEX] + @{selected|pb} [PROF] + 1 [MAGIC] + @{selected|global_attack_mod} [BLESS] ]] vs AC @{target|AC}   -- ?? $Atk.base == 1 ??Fumble|@{selected|character_name} fumbles and nearly eviscerates self!   -- ?? $Atk.base <> 1 AND $Atk < @{target|AC} ??Miss|@{selected|character_name} Swing and a Miss!   -- ?? $Atk.base <> 20 AND $Atk >= @{target|AC} ??Damage|@{selected|character_name} hits and deals [[ [$Dmg] 1d6 + @{selected|dexterity_mod} [DEX] + 1 [MAGIC] + @{selected|global_damage_mod_roll} ]] bludgeoning damage    -- ?? $Atk.base == 20 ??Damage|Critical hit, @{selected|character_name} deals a MASSIVE blow for [[ [$Crit] 2d6 + @{selected|dexterity_mod} [DEX] + 1 [MAGIC] + @{selected|global_damage_mod_roll} ]] bludgeoning damage }} I, as GM, have no problem with the calling nor called macros.  However, the called PowerCard macro fails if a player tries it.  What am I doing wrong?

Edited 1596539900
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Are the macros being called in the collections tab, if so, make sure that they have 'all players' set on them (or specific players only if you want to limit by availability).
Hmmm...I had not included the nested macros in visibility as I was trying to keep their visibility minimal to keep token bar population down but I take it this election actually is an access thing? I will try it and see if that was the issue. Thanks!
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thats right, if you don't click 'show as Token Action?' there will be no noticeable effect for the players unless they are looking at the collections tab. By making the macro visible you are effectively allowing them to use it... they should probably rename it 'accessible to players' and resize the default box to show it rather than needing to scroll to see it  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agreed.  Thanks again.  Some of the instructions on these things are a little unclear.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You aren't the first, and you won't be the last... luckily the community here is always ready to help :) Happy rolling!