Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Chat Events not appearing

timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Don't know if this is related to this thread , but I've been coding on my api all morning and happily running tests. At about 1:30 the api stopped sending chat output. I can see the logged events hitting the console, but nothing new is appearing in the chat. I can't even type directly into the chat input and see it hit the chat history.
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
I can confirm that my chat messages are hitting the Chat Archive, but just not displaying in the game. Disabling scripts, restarting the game, and sending a straight chat message results in nothing to the chat window in the game... but you can find it in the archive.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you tried clearing the chat archive (from the game launch page)?
timmaugh
Pro
API Scripter
Seems to be working at the moment... I will report back if it gets wonky again.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
If you continue having problems: A game's Creator is often able to fix issues with their Text Chat by  clearing the Chat Archive  (note: not  clearing your current Chat Log ). A GM might want to copy/back up the Chat Archive before the Creator clears it.