Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macbook Pro doesn't play nice with character sheets?

Edited 1401932285
For the unaware, the Macbook Pro's graphics card doesn't have full WebGL support (at least, on current versions of Mac OS). However, opening the Character sheet feature in any mac browser (I tried Firefox 29, Chrome 35, and Safari) causes the character sheet and, oddly, the chat window to go blank. Closing the character sheet causes the chat to reappear, and other views on the right-side bar have no such issue. I'm not sure if this is a user error thing, or something else - that it happens in both Gecko and Webkit browsers seems doubly odd. (I can provide more information once I know what to provide.)
That does seem very odd. Are you running any adblockers or other addons?
Besides a few Dreamwidth.org-specific addons on Chrome, and an adblocker that is disabled on roll20.net, no.
Well the Character Sheets don't use OpenGL at all, but it's entirely possible that if the GPU isn't super compatible with web browsers there could be some context switching issues going on. Which sheet are you using? If it's one of the really complicated ones like Pathfinder you might try a simpler one with less going on and see if that makes any difference.
(My apologies for ducking out.) I attempted with the Fate Core sheet, to the same net effect.
Rather than tell, figured I'd show. Took an old game and booted it with the Fate Core character sheet, recording the results: <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PHMDRTao8&feature=youtube_gdata" rel="nofollow">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PHMDRTao8&feature=youtube_gdata</a>
Andrew R.
Pro
Sheet Author
I've used a MacBook Pro 13" twice with the new character sheets — both 13th Age, though. Daniel W's and my own. No significant problems so far using current Chrome browser.
@NekoIncardine Is there anything showing up in your console log when you click on the sheet tab? That is indeed strange. Also which Macbook Pro model is it?

Edited 1402019512
It's the 17" retina model from 2013. Checking with the Javascript log enabled... Made it fully work. And then it disappeared when I closed the log, or lowered it such that it wasn't covering the character frame. I am starting to think the explanation may be that my machine is metaphorically hallucinating. I will try to get video up tonight when not tethered onto a mobile device. EDITED: The chat box and settings screens also whited out while the Loading screen was up for a game I was playing for a bit today...