Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Send Static Attribute Value to Initiative Tracker

I'm trying to write a macro that will send a specific attribute value from a character sheet to the initiative tracker. This is useful in Call of Cthulhu, where there is no rolling for initiative, characters just act in DEX order. I can easily send the results of a d20 roll to the tracker, and can even get it kind of working by faking a roll, with the following macro: /gmroll [[@{selected|dexterity} &{tracker}]] This works ok, except it clogs up the GM's chat window with a whole bunch of rolls that no one really cares about. It seems like this should work: @{selected|dexterity} &{tracker} but it doesn't for some reason. I really just want the selected value to be passed directly into the tracker (with no output in anyone's chat box) when the macro is run. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?
Try something like this:  /w @{selected|token_name} [[@{selected|dexterity} &{tracker}]] I don't know Call of Cthulu, so I'm not sure what the specific attribute name will be for the character or token name, but if you open up the character sheet and look for a name attribute, just put that in where it says "token_name" above.   This means that each player will basically whisper to themselves when they make rolls.  You could also create a specific macro for each player that replaces the @{selected|token_name} with their player name which would do the same thing, if there is more than one controlling player for their tokens.
Beautiful. It does exactly what I need it to. Thanks a million.