Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Why does sendPing only move my screen location?

Edited 1401970291
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I'm using sendPing to try to move my players view to the current token whos turn it is. I thought i had it all working, until I tested with a few players and it seems only my screen moves and pings..the players side does nothing. Im using: sendPing(tleft, ttop, Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); With the moveall set to true, Id assume it should move everyone. but it doesnt. even copying directly from the API wiki doing: sendPing(500, 500, Campaign().get('playerpageid'), null, true); inside an onReady, only moves me to 500/500 on the current page when I hit save script, the players view doesnt move, they see no ping, nada...am I missing something here I need to move ALL players view?
Are you using the "split the party" feature at all?

Edited 1401979167
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
No, everyone is all on the page the player banner is on, everyone is also in the turn order on that same page. even if I join 'as player' in another browser, I dont get moved on that one..but GM one does.
Interesting. I'll take a look and see if I can reproduce the issue.

Edited 1401979563
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks Riley if it can help I'm happy to invite someone to mine and place a few tokens scattered to sendPing around the map. I have a few scripts, but nothing that seems it should stop/care about players view changing, as my shift-click as GM moves everyone fine.
If you do manage to get this working would you mind sharing this script? I think its actually a very clever feature :)
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Saevar L. sure thing, soon as I can figure out why its only moving people thats a GM views. I'll clean out all my stuff I got from it, like setting turn count by attacks and such, and just leave the move view and highlight with orange aura2 to the current tokens turn in it.
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Any update? or anyone else having this issue with sendPing? no matter what I do it refuses to work moving players view :|
It's going to take more than a day for me to get to fixing it. Hopefully sometime early next week.

Edited 1402073556
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Oh no worries, was just touching base to see if it was just my campaign or the api command itself so I could stop playing with the script trying to see why I cant get it to work :)

Edited 1403055884
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Just poking you to remind you :) It still only gives me a ping ring, and force screen relocate on dev(as GM, even me rejoin as player doesn't). Was going to make a bug report thread, but wasnt sure if dual threads was a good idea, or ask to have this one moved to reports.