Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Charactermancer feat support

Will there ever be feat support in the charactermancer?  It seems that it is an important thing that should be included when we are spending hundreds of dollars on products and subscriptions, it just feels sloppy and poorly managed.  
Which game system? I can drag feats over on the D&D 5E character sheet.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Charactermancer supports feat choice, but Charactermancer+Level Up does not. The official stance is that it is officially an optional rule, and that the number of "hooks" a feat contains are not currently supportable (changes to skills, abilities, mods, proficiencies, etc.). This still doesn't explain why you can choose one at character creation but not at level up. The current workflow is to ignore the ASI (the final tab won't flag it as an error) and then use compendium drag and drop to pull the feat onto your character. Again, it only writes in the text of the feat, it's up to the player to make the changes to the sheet that feat would grant.
Thanks for listening to me whine, Keithcurtis.  It's not that bad, and I understand that it is an optional rule--but it is an optional rule that over 75 percent of the community uses, I believe.  I also get that fixing it might create other hiccups in the code and is not worth the effort on roll20's side when they can be using that time to ass new content or fix bigger problems. I just get annoyed because the players are aways complaining about it to me.  And Farling, if you're just dragging the feat over, and not manually putting in the benefits, you and/or your players are not actually getting the bonuses, they are just getting the text box.    
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I hear you. I'd prefer it if Charactermancer added the feats too. Even at character creation, when you can add feats, all it does is add the text, just like a Compendium drag would do. If mechanics can't be added, I would at the very least like that simple textual add to be available at higher levels, maybe with a note in the Charactermancer to the effect that, "This is only adding the text of your feat. You will need to make any character adjustments this feat would provide."
Yeah, that would be nice.   I feel bad complaining about roll20 because of the countless hours of fun I get from it.  But, when you are using something multiple hours a day, I guess it's just natural to feel frustrated at times.  
Stephanie B.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
As of this morning, feats are supported in Charactermancer Level+.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Woohoo!
Wow, thank the team for me, and thank you for delivering the message.  Such exciting news!
Thanks for the news, Stephanie.  Am I correct in thinking it still only writes in the text? I tried to pick 'Magic Initiate' at my last level-up, but it didn't give me access to any new cantrips or spells. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yes, they are text only and do not affect the sheet in any other way. You have to manually implement any changes to the sheet.