Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

one or two handed

I am looking to write a weapon attack macro that uses a drop down list to determine the number of hands used to grip the weapon and roll accordingly. So far I have: ?{Strike with how many hands?|1|2} But How do I add the attack values for 1 and 2? Thanks,

Edited 1597171090
Yo mean something like this? ?{Strike with how many hands?|1, [[1d10]]|2, [[2d10]]} despite rolling 1 or 2 d10 you can choose the attack command of each one

Edited 1597171551
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
EDIT - ninja'd! Not sure what game system you are talking about so can't complete without knowing the mechanics of what you're trying to do. The general format for queries are as follows: ?{Prompt?|item1,retVal1|item2,retVal2} So, say, if two hands adds +2 to your attack roll, you could do something like this (super simple, no templates used, etc.) /r 1d20 + ?{# Hands?|one,0|two,2} Let's say for fun that one-handed does 1d8 damage and two-handed does 2d8 damage. Your damage roll could look like this (using an inline roll format this time, inside [[ ]]). [[ ?{# Hands?|one,1|two,2}d8 ]] You can paste these examples into a blank macro and modify them to get a feel for how they work. 
Thanks guys.