Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Friday Night 7:00 PM CDT Looking For a Group of Older Folks For a House Ruled 5E Game (and It's Free of Course)

Edited 1596662823
Ajax
Pro
First let me say this Game will Be Great FUN ! I have been running D&amp;D style games for the last 45 Years. I have gamed with D&amp;D's originators. I run several quality games here on Roll20 right now, but I want to Start a New Campaign on Friday Nights. Many games posted here ask for mature players 18+, THIS GAME IS ASKING FOR PLAYERS 40+ . Players familiar with AD&amp;D or Older Versions or New Players who have never played are all welcome. I would like to have 6 Players that can consistently show up on Friday Nights. My games are heavily focused on a certain amount of realism and player freedom, and stress Role Playing over Character Building. If you see your D&amp;D character as a bunch of numbers (which in reality, they are) this is not for you. The campaign will use my Quick Play Rule Set which does make a few radical changes to 5E as written, but keeps the game flowing and the immersion from drifting too far away. If you would to like to try this game out, post something here with your Age and Any D&amp;D experience you've had (although New Players are welcome).&nbsp; Here is the Game's Listing:&nbsp; <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/243946/chronicles-friday" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/243946/chronicles-friday</a> -Ajax
Still need a few players to get this thing started...
Might be able to swing this ... I’m 46 , very familiar with old versions of D&amp;D , never played 5thE , but have the PHB. Also , new to Roll20
I should be able to make this. 50 years old, been playing various flavours of D&amp;D (and other roleplaying games) since '89. I'm moderately familiar with 5th edition - in the game I GM myself, I still occasionally recall rules from older editions instead of the actual ones, but no one seems to care, since this is about telling stories and sharing the world with fellow gamers.&nbsp; The main aspect of 5th edition I find really pleasing is how they have reinvigorated the flavour of AD&amp;D characters, while expanding the options for RP outside of combat and dungeon crawls. It's a good time, and finding a game with fellows of comparable outlook would be quite excellent.
Was unable to contact Pat vdR. Sent the Link to Ivan, still could use two more players.
I am interested. I will be 51 in September and I have been playing since i was a kid. I also have experience with 5E and Roll20.
I'd be interested in trying.&nbsp; I'm 50+ and have been playing since '77.&nbsp; I tend to prefer playing wizards or thie... er rouges.&nbsp; I'm in AZ so time shouldn't be an issue.&nbsp; I'm curious to see what house rules you have as well.

Edited 1596774021
Very odd, Ajax. I checked, and you are not blocked (nor would I know why I would have blocked you in the first place). Having checked the character creation rules, though, I will bow out.
I will withdraw my interest as well, having read the character creation rules.&nbsp; Sorry, but I prefer to be able to play something I like, not something forced on me by RNG.&nbsp; Good luck and have fun.
This is not for everyone, this is for someone who can make an interesting character with flaws, again the focus here is on Role Playing a Character, not Building a Character. Once you are born then you are free to make any choices you want, but you just don't get to pick your parents so you have no control over the the gene pool you come from. In a game like this survival is it's own reward.

Edited 1597093733
Ajax
Pro
I am going to Post the Character Creation Rules here so you will know what you are getting into. This is D&amp;D Hardcore Old School (OSR). Character Creation: Using the Supplied Macro found on the Attributes and Abilities Tab of the Character Sheet, Roll Your Character. This Macro will Roll 3d6 in Order and also Roll a Basic 5E Character Race, the reason for this is the Realism of having no control over who your parents are . This usually results in characters who are flawed, which when Role Played adds much more to the Game's Immersion. Survival becomes it's own reward. Hit Points: You start with Hit Points equal to Your Strength SCORE + Your Constitution SCORE + Your LEVEL. This gives you a good amount of Hit Points to help you survive. Starting Equipment is what you can buy with your starting Coins, which are Equal to You Charisma SCORE X 3 in Gold Talons. Specific Class Equipment like a Spellbook, Rogue's Tools, or Holy Symbol are given free. Weapons and Armor must be purchased. Are you up to the challenge? Mount up. This will be a FUN ride...
Three Slots filled, looking for a few more Players who can make interesting characters from their own ideas, not necessarily parts from a book thought up by a game designer.
Im 34, run dnd 5e and am trying to hack it into an OSR like game myself, also trying to run Swords and Wizardy OSR ruleset(a 0e retroclone) Played AD&amp;D as a kid exclusivly, ran 3.5 and 5e for people online. My favorite char used old venerable rules to raise into to the min 13 to be a wizard, all other stats ended up under 9, and he died of a heart attack at a festival. He was roleplayed as the amnesiac grandpa wizard who forgot his spells and thought he was young again with a party who was his adopted grandkids and went with him till he died, then continued advenruting to honor the memory. i activlyy dislike the abilitys and features 5e gives and much prefer the OSR style of play, i work from home (now and before covid) and can always show up on fridays. human fighter of 3d6 down the line sounds great, and im not worried about my stat modifiers at all. clever RP and a DM who goes with common sense can overcome any stat mod. Flour in the air for invis opponents Water on the floors for pit traps. ect. the good old 10'ft pole thats never used. sorry, typing quick and have to run, hope to hear from you.
An attempt to Contact Treetop was denied, as I am blocked. I think this is a Roll20 Glitch (wow what a surprise *dripping with sarcasm*). I found this happened one other time about a week ago. Treetop send me a Private Message and I will try to send you details then. -Ajax
For age, I stopped counting at 25 when my car insurance went down, that was about 20 years ago. Be good to game with maturer gamers. Been out for awhile, but been playing from old AD&amp;D to 5e as well as several other systems such as GURPs, Hero, Savage World, and many others.
Hello Ajax, I come in a little shy of your age cut off at 35, but your campaign proposal sounds fascinating.&nbsp; My experience in tabletop RPGs is mostly AD&amp;D with some D&amp;D 3.5.&nbsp; I am new to roll20.net and have never played 5e, but just got the core rule books.&nbsp; I see no reason why I could not be available for the proposed time slot in the foreseeable future.&nbsp; If you'd have me at the table I would love to join. Thanks, Eric
There is One Spot left in the Radical 5E Hardcore Campaign, Friday Night 7:00 PM CDT. Sessions are Three Hours. Seeking one more Mature Reliable Player, who plays a character and not a set of numbers. -Ajax
Still One Spot Left...