Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Whispering to [Observer] when it shouldn't be.

Edited 1597352690
I can't for the life of me figure out why this is happening. I'm setting up a separate Recording account with observer privileges. The idea is that is follows around the proper character but gets zero whispers in its chat. For whatever reason all of my Rogues whispers still go into the Recording account's chat. None of the other characters do.  In the pic above you can see what I mean. Every character whispered their statblock to themselves on their turn, but only Kinsey's showed up in the observer chat. Does anyone know why this might be? 

Edited 1597351213
It is because the observer has control of the character sheet too. If things are whispered to the character it shows up. If you whisper it to the player it wont.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
What Kilter said. I have an idea how I could rewrite Observer to fix this.  I'll see if it's practical when I'm in there next.
Kilter said: It is because the observer has control of the character sheet too. If things are whispered to the character it shows up. If you whisper it to the player it wont. If that is the problem why doesn't it do it with ANY of the other PC's? What's different about this single PC compared to the others? I've quadruple checked that all of the settings for all of the PC's are exactly the same. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Observer adds control by the observing players to the token whose turn it is while there is a turn order up. It also can assign it to all players when it isn't a players turn giving a party view. 

Edited 1597360010
The Aaron said: Observer adds control by the observing players to the token whose turn it is while there is a turn order up. It also can assign it to all players when it isn't a players turn giving a party view.  I understand this. But on any other players turn when they whisper things to themselves it doesn't come through. As I said above every single PC on their turn whispered the same exact thing to themselves and it came to them but not the Observing chat. When it gets to this one PC all whispers come through.  I have a similar issue with this SAME PC when using the Tongues script. Everyone else comes through normally but when she uses it I get double whispers in my GM feed. One from her, one supposedly from me. Since that issue only pops up for me and doesn't affect anything else I've just ignored it. The Devilish DM said: For whatever reason all of my Rogues whispers still go into the Recording account's chat. None of the other characters do.  In the pic above you can see what I mean. Every character whispered their statblock to themselves on their turn, but only Kinsey's showed up in the observer chat. There is something about that PC that is different than the others. EDIT: Side note, I recently swapped from OGL to Shaped during the character sheet import the sheet assumed she was an NPC for some reason. Didn't do that with any other character I moved over. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Are you set explicitly as a player on that character?