Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Macro Issue when opening macros to edit/copy

I am trying to setup a macro for gm roll or not on various dice. I use for example : ?{Gm Roll?|No,/roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10+?{Bonus|0}|Yes,/gmroll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10+?{Bonus|0}}} It tests fine and I save. When I use it on macro bar works fine. The problem comes when I open it to edit so I can duplicate to another or look at it reverts all the character changes back. ex. ?{Gm Roll?|No,/roll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10+?{Bonus|0}|Yes,/gmroll ?{Number of Dice|1}d10+?{Bonus|0}}}   Is there a way to stop this from happening?
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Sort of. If you are intent on keeping it in the macros collection, the only real alternative is to keep an external, pristine copy of the code somewhere. A better solution by far is to get into the habit of using a  Macro Character Sheet . The syntax is simpler, code doesn't get replaced, and the macros are portable from campaign to campaign through the Transmogrifier or Character Vault. I write 98% of my macros there.
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
You can massively simplify your macro to avoid the need for html replacements also: /?{Gm Roll?|No,roll|Yes,gmroll} ?{Number of Dice|1}d10+?{Bonus|0}
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Well yeah, there's that. Smartypants.
Ziechael said: You can massively simplify your macro to avoid the need for html replacements also: /?{Gm Roll?|No,roll|Yes,gmroll} ?{Number of Dice|1}d10+?{Bonus|0} Sometimes you miss the forest for the tree. Relatively new at this type of stuff, never sure where you can put the ? Thank you!