Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

5E by Roll20 Macro question

I just today found out that you can write an attack macro to factor in the advantage preference for the sheet it's on. Is there a similar functionality to get it to recognize if the sheet has auto damage turned off, or is there some other way to get it to only roll damage from an attack when you want it to, while still taking accounting for critical rolls? I know that when you have your standard character sheet attacks set to not auto roll damage it will then give a clickable command on the name of the attack to be repeating_attack_-macroaddress_attack_damage or repeating_attack_-macroaddress_attack_crit but is there way to recreate that functionality on things that I may not want to clutter the Attacks and Spellcasting section with.
Okay, I figured out a way to make what I was looking for work, although it's messy. Using the rname and rnamec fields I can set them as buttons that run the damage and damage+crit macros that correspond to the attack. Fortunately that space doesn't appear as a garish pink button, it's the same as it always is when using the "don't auto roll damage" functionality for normal attack entries. That means that each attack has 3 entries- 1 attack, 1 normal damage, and 1 damage+crit, so it's bulky. But if anyone has a better way, I'd love to hear it.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
No better answers on the macro (I'm away from my regular workspace), but there is an alternative to the Big Pink Buttons: Inline Links on OGL Roll Templates  - keithcurtis  [install]
Oh, yeah, I use that Script already, but I'm also thinking about if I set up these things for other players in my games (I have GM access in all the games I play since I know macros the best) because they often don't install add-ons just for that kind of thing.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Yeah I had to cajole my players, show them screenshots and walk them through installation. Now they love it.