Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Tracking Bless or Bane on NPC's

I'm currently using the token macro below on all my NPC's: /w gm @{selected|wtype}&{template:default}{{name=@{selected|character_name} Actions}} {{ Actions =[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action) }} Currently, after an attack I have to click on the dice roller to roll an extra 1d4 and do the math. Is there an easier way to do this for NPC's? I know on PC's you can use the Global Attack Modifier. But i don't see that option for NPC's. Thanks in advance!
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
You might be able to add a custom attribute to every one of your npcs and then modify the repeating attack to incorporate it. But without api access you would have to go into the attribute section and manually change it each time. Tons of work for not much time savings. You could just roll the d4 automatically when you click the token action by adding another line to the template, then do the mental math after the attack roll. /w gm @{selected|wtype}&{template:default}{{name=@{selected|character_name} Actions}} {{ Actions =[@{selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_name}](~selected|repeating_npcaction_$0_npc_action) }} {{Bane/Bless = [[1d4]] }} The following kobold attack would be either 11, 13, or 15 depending on conditions.
Thanks, i'll give it a shot. If I get the API access are there premade scripts i can use? I'm not really much of a scripter, cut and paste mostly. :)
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
There isn't a pre-made script for this exact application that has been publicly shared, to my knowledge. If you went pro and wanted to go the custom attribute route, there is a script called ChatSetAttr that can modify attribute values on a character sheet. So, you could add a "GlobalAttackMod" and "GlobalSaveMod" attribute to each of your npcs. You could write a macro that calls that script to alter that attribute if they have Bless/Bane cast on them. Then, you would have to include references to that attribute in the appropriate repeating attack section of each npc during setup. Seems like a lot of work for what I'm assuming is a niche case, but it could be done.