Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

What’s the point of the UDL conversion tool without a nightvision color option?

The whole point of the UDL conversion tool is to save time right? Well if there’s no color selection for nightvision, I have to go through all 400 of my monsters again anyways.
The colour of nightvision needs to be a global option, at least to act as a default for all tokens that have an explicit setting.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
This should probably go in the bug thread if the conversion tool is missing something substantive. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9072910/updated-dynamic-lighting-legacy-sunset-feedback-thread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9072910/updated-dynamic-lighting-legacy-sunset-feedback-thread</a>

Edited 1597939007
Brian C. said: This should probably go in the bug thread if the conversion tool is missing something substantive. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9072910/updated-dynamic-lighting-legacy-sunset-feedback-thread" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9072910/updated-dynamic-lighting-legacy-sunset-feedback-thread</a> I think it’s not quite a bug, but rather a missing feature. The conversion tool is a new category and is already implemented past beta and is working properly. It’s simply missing a feature.
Farling said: The colour of nightvision needs to be a global option, at least to act as a default for all tokens that have an explicit setting. I see your point. And I almost agree. But what if one monster has night vision, another has true sight, and another sees infra-red? Wouldn’t you want to be able to tell the difference at a glance? I know I would.
Gargamond said: Farling said: The colour of nightvision needs to be a global option, at least to act as a default for all tokens that have an explicit setting. I see your point. And I almost agree. But what if one monster has night vision, another has true sight, and another sees infra-red? Wouldn’t you want to be able to tell the difference at a glance? I know I would. I was hoping for a global option to start with, so that every single token doesn't need updating. An override for individual tokens could then be applied. I think for other options there already exists a set of global options which can be applied automatically to everything in a game, and individual token changes replace the global option.
Farling said: Gargamond said: Farling said: The colour of nightvision needs to be a global option, at least to act as a default for all tokens that have an explicit setting. I see your point. And I almost agree. But what if one monster has night vision, another has true sight, and another sees infra-red? Wouldn’t you want to be able to tell the difference at a glance? I know I would. I was hoping for a global option to start with, so that every single token doesn't need updating. An override for individual tokens could then be applied. I think for other options there already exists a set of global options which can be applied automatically to everything in a game, and individual token changes replace the global option. Ah. Thanks for the clarification. I wholeheartedly agree.
I find that everytime i drop one of my PC tokens i have to turn off UDL, set up legacy, turn UDL back on, set Night vision&nbsp; on then leve the map and then go back to it and THEN everything seems to work right..The devs need to start listening to the majority of the users here..Legacy worked fine. If i needed to show Nightvision in Legacy I used a token aura for that character.
Brian C.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Compendium Curator
Gargamond said: Farling said: The colour of nightvision needs to be a global option, at least to act as a default for all tokens that have an explicit setting. I see your point. And I almost agree. But what if one monster has night vision, another has true sight, and another sees infra-red? Wouldn’t you want to be able to tell the difference at a glance? I know I would. I really would not recommend using Dynamic Lighting at all for tokens the players never control. The system does not need the strain, but that is just my opinion. I think an option in the conversion tool for how to handle night vision would be good with a bit of intelligence on the tool's part about when to apply it. Currently, Night Vision is applied to a token when it "Has Sight" without "All Players See Light". Adding whether a GM wants the Sharpen effect or tinting would allow that to be applied when the second field of "Emits Light" is &lt;= 0. This would allow Devil's Sight to not have any effect applied if the original "Emits Light" was 120/blank. Or just apply it to all Night Vision tokens and let the GM remove the tint for the 1 or 2 that do not need it. Still, I think this belongs in the bug thread. UDL and the conversion tool are still very much in beta.
Brian C. said: Gargamond said: Farling said: The colour of nightvision needs to be a global option, at least to act as a default for all tokens that have an explicit setting. I see your point. And I almost agree. But what if one monster has night vision, another has true sight, and another sees infra-red? Wouldn’t you want to be able to tell the difference at a glance? I know I would. I really would not recommend using Dynamic Lighting at all for tokens the players never control. The system does not need the strain, but that is just my opinion. I think an option in the conversion tool for how to handle night vision would be good with a bit of intelligence on the tool's part about when to apply it. Currently, Night Vision is applied to a token when it "Has Sight" without "All Players See Light". Adding whether a GM wants the Sharpen effect or tinting would allow that to be applied when the second field of "Emits Light" is &lt;= 0. This would allow Devil's Sight to not have any effect applied if the original "Emits Light" was 120/blank. Or just apply it to all Night Vision tokens and let the GM remove the tint for the 1 or 2 that do not need it. Still, I think this belongs in the bug thread. UDL and the conversion tool are still very much in beta. Beta testing being the Dev server, UDL is beyond that now.
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .