Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Create a group check database for D&D 5E Roll20 Template

Edited 1597972147
Hi folks, Person with no scripting skills here. I'm trying to create a check database for the 5E Roll20 Template character sheet to work with the Group Check script. I can't get my head around the documentation below for how to make a new check. !group-check-config --add [JSON]  adds a check, or several checks, to the list of checks in the database.  JSON Format { "Check Command" : { "name" : "Check Name", "formula" : "FORMULA"} } Example provided: !group-check-config --add { "Strength" : { "name" : "Strength Test", "formula" : "[d20 + \at{Strength}]"}  From another source, I picked up this useful macro to roll saves for  a selected token that works with the D&D 5E Roll20 template. I've included the bit for a Strength Save. /w gm &{template:default} {{name= @{selected|character_name} Saving Throws}}  {{Str=[[@{selected|d20}+(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.1)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]] | [[@{selected|d20}+(@{selected|strength_save_bonus}@{selected|pbd_safe}*(1-ceil((@{selected|npc})*0.1)))+(@{selected|npc_str_save}*@{selected|npc})]]}} Can someone please tell me how I could use this to make a new strength save Group Check? I'll work through the rest and then move on to try and integrating the Apply Damage script. Thanks very much!
*facepalm* I just figured out that  5E-OGL  refers to the 5E D&D Roll20 Character Sheet. There is already a database for this that can be imported using the command below. Solved!  !group-check-config --import 5E-OGL
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Oof. That's one of those things that people just know from having been here for years, and forget that others don't know. I was trying to figure out what the issue was and doubt I could have made the connection. I'm glad you worked it out.