Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Explosion FX from macro/api only appears as fire

Edited 1598092877
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Anybody else seeing this? It seems no matter what I put for the "color" of the "explosion" FX, it always displays on the VTT as "fire". Tried from macro and via api script. All other FX types appear to work properly. Example /fx explosion-death @{target|token_id} Click for animated gif of output Using the real-time FX interface from the FX selector toolbar works properly, so it only seems to fail via macro/api.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hmmmm, mine seems to be working. Some pretty horrid lag though, an acid nova took 2 minutes to go off in an empty game...

Edited 1598094292
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Dang. Guess it's just me, then. Weird. I'll try it in another game. EDIT - Logged into another game that I'm just a player in. Same result as in my game. Maybe a browser issue. Thanks, Oosh. (oof, 2minutes!)
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Ugh, sorry. Reading comprehension fail! Yeah, same problem with "explosion" FX here - I didn't read the first sentence properly and though you were just using it as an example.
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Ok thanks, good to know it's an actual bug. I'm assuming someone is monitoring this forum in an official capacity?
Hi guys, I think that the explosion FX got the wrong name. Try: /fx explode-death
David M.
Pro
API Scripter
Yep, that works! I'll update my scripts and macros to substitute for the incorrect naming. I see now that it is "explode" in the wiki, despite being listed as "explosion" in the VTT real-time fx generator. Interesting that "explosion" still generated any fx at all. Thanks, Ravenknight, good catch!