Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Script] It's A Trap! - Burn Bryte theme

Edited 1599093709
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've created a new It's a Trap theme script for use with the Burn Bryte system. Get the script below. In about a week, it should also be available through the One-Click API library. The docs: This is a Burn Bryte trap theme (for use with the It's A Trap script) built to support all Burn Bryte character sheets By default, it will automatically detect which character sheet you're using, but if needed, you can also specify which sheet the script is using from the theme-specific trap properties. This currently supports the following Burn Bryte character sheets: Roll20 Theme-specific properties The following trap properties are specific to this trap theme script. Character Sheet Manually specify which character sheet your game is using. By default, this will try to auto-detect your character sheet. You can also specify that you are using a custom character sheet. If you do so, an additional property will appear under this one to specify the attribute names used for the custom sheet. Attack Complexity When the trap activates, any characters affected will be prompted to use an action to attempt to resolve the trap by avoiding it, disarming it, or otherwise nullifying its effects. During combat, this property should be ignored in favor of the Adrenaline Effect rules. On Hit Describe here what happens if a target fails their skill roll against the trap. E.g. 'The target takes 1 damage.' or 'Gain a minor condition - sprained ankle.' Failure Prompts The On Hit property supports integration with Burn Bryte's Failure-Prompts rollable table. To use it, just enter 'prompt' (without the quotes) for the On Hit property. Perception Complexity If this is set, passive perception will be enabled for the trap. When a character gets close enough, this script will automatically roll their Perception skill against the trap's Detection Complexity to attempt to notice it. During combat, this does NOT count as an action. The script: The script is now available from the One-Click library! You can also manually copy-paste the script from the Roll20 repository here:&nbsp; <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/ItsATrap_theme_BurnBryte" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-api-scripts/tree/master/ItsATrap_theme_BurnBryte</a>
Thanks for posting.&nbsp; I don't see this in the API pull down list.&nbsp; Are there plans to add it?
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
ASC said: Thanks for posting.&nbsp; I don't see this in the API pull down list.&nbsp; Are there plans to add it? Yes, I'm trying to get it into the One-Click library, but I think the maintainers for the repository might have forgotten to update the system for it when they accepted the script. I've been trying to get their attention on that.
Ada L.
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
API Scripter
update: This script is now available through the One-Click library!