Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Add an option to remove the "fade" on the bottom of the game's cover image

Edited 1599608011
Something I've really grown to dislike is how once you've found a nice piece of art to upload as the cover image for your game, something like the bottom third gets obscured by that ugly fade-to-white. Depending on the image, it can genuinely cut out important detail - ie. ocean in water scenes, the adventurers in big "brave adventurers fight giant monster" pics, and the like. Borders and certain other stylistic elements don't work with it all. I'd love some way to disable this feature and just display the uploaded image in full, as seen in the 'My Games' and 'LFG' thumbnails. ETA: Another issue is the way the title text is displayed over the fade, instead of underneath the image, further obscuring things. Being able to change that would be great too.
Gold
Forum Champion
yes please +1. The current Roll20 design/layout obscures the Game Title Page graphic that DM's make. It is frustrating to have your artwork over-written. Also fix the way the image fits normally on the Game Details Page,but it is a smooshed version of the image in the drop-down list under my "Games".
Oh gawd, yes.
Gold
Forum Champion
I took a Vote away from something less important, and added +1 to this. Hopefully we can get this thread above +10 within the time limit, so the Suggestion can remain continuing to gather support.
Pat
Pro
API Scripter
Any kind of customization option would be more than welcome - the way it is fixed right now all campaigns look the same, have the same huge blocky modern font, and have the same fade. The "pro" backgrounds are ... not much. 
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .