Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Forum Software issue - quote button not working, no reply box

GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Is anyone else having an issue with the forum software today? When I'm looking at a forum thread, there is usually a reply box at the bottom (like the one I'm typing into now). That's not there now, and the quote button on each post isnt working. The big blue button at the top right to "Post Reply" does work, but I dont normally use that.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I've just found if I hit the Post Reply button first, the quote button works. But before then, the reply box at the bottom of each thread is missing, and the quote button doesnt work. 
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah, seems this change resulted in now needing to press the "reply" button at the top of a page be able to quote or reply to posts. Nonsensical update in my opinion. Hope they switch back eventually.

Edited 1599665499
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Yeah, it doesn't seem like a great change. Hopefully not intentional.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
It's not mentioned in today's release notes either: <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9163263/release-note-for-september-8-2020" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/9163263/release-note-for-september-8-2020</a>
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I'm sure this was unintentional. Authorities have been alerted and a fix will likely come shortly.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
The release notes were published just as I noticed this issue, so it was obvious they had rolled out some update. I looked there and didnt see anything, so I made this post wondering if it was a bug. It's just putting a barrier in the way of replying, which is very bad for forum software. Especially having to click the reply button before the quote button works: that has to be unintended behaviour and thus a bug.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
A bird just whispered that this was unintentional, and that " there should be a fix going out soon. "
Ziechael
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
API Scripter
And Lo did the reply box reappear :D
The discussion forums for game listings are completely down also.
Hey Andy, We are working on this to get a fix out now. Sorry for the trouble! AndyB said: The discussion forums for game listings are completely down also.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Thanks for fixing the reply function.