Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Experience, success or issues between popular APIs, Macros and Updated Dynamic Lighting?

1024x768 Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} Hi, I am curious to know if anyone has made the move to update their maps, tokens, macros, etc. to start using Updated Dynamic Lighting (UDL)? How was your experience? Easy? Painful? Did you need to update a bunch of macros? Which ones and how? I am waiting to begin using UDL and changing all my maps and tokens and macros in case APIs and macros don't work with it yet, or need to be modified in order to work with it.  For example, I use TokenMod for a HasSight macro, and I expect it will need to be updated to match new UDL terms, or maybe not, I don’t know. I guess I’ll have to dive in sooner or later, hopefully it won’t be too much re-working what I’ve got.   I’ll try revisit this to share my experience when that happens. Game On!
Snapshot of my current game APIs:
TokenMod HasSight macro that I use:
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Token-Mod has already been updated to use every setting that UDL has exposed to the API. At the moment, though, UDL still ahs performance issues and bugs. I would not recommend a wholesale conversion yet.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
API support is somewhat broken right now.  I've provided several bug reports about it. TokenMod implements all the all the token level UDL settings, but some of them just flat out don't work when the API sets them.  I've updated Torch in my private development repo, but it's completely broken for UDL.  UniversalVTTImporter works for setting up the lights and walls, but has to do something pretty hacking to force an update.  i could add the same thing to TokenMod and Torch, except it would have to reveal the whole map to everyone each time you changed something, which simply isn't reasonable.