Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Identified rolls for other players?

Heya Guys, I'm using Roll20 for 5th ed d&d. Is there any way that I, as GM, can make a roll for another character and have it identified as being rolled by GM on behalf of that character?
This is my Macro for Pathfinder1: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Roll for Charakter @{selected|character_name}}}   {{Result= [[?{Number of Dice|1}d?{Art of Dice|6} + ?{Bonus|0}}]]}} You can select the Character Token, choose the Numbers of Dice, the Art of Dice and a Bonus. But you must change maybe the "@{selected| character_name " for your d&d 5e
Griessbart, that is awesome and JUST what I wanted. Works perfectly in my D&D game without any adjustment (apart from changing Charakter to Character :). Thankyou  Griessbart said: This is my Macro for Pathfinder1: /w gm &{template:default} {{name=Roll for Charakter @{selected|character_name}}}   {{Result= [[?{Number of Dice|1}d?{Art of Dice|6} + ?{Bonus|0}}]]}} You can select the Character Token, choose the Numbers of Dice, the Art of Dice and a Bonus. But you must change maybe the "@{selected| character_name " for your d&d 5e

Edited 1599820920
Ah, sorry. Forget translate Charakter in english  And if the most Dice you use are D20 you can  change the 6 to 20. Save time.
Alternatively, if you want a public roll you can just open the character's sheet and click on the roll you want to happen. It will identify you as the roller as long as you haven't changed your "As" name at the bottom of the chat window. There's an option on the Options page of the sheet (the Cog tab after Core, Bio, and Spells) on the right-hand side to display name in rolls so all rolls made on that sheet will have the character's name displayed in the template when it populates in the chat window, that will make sure it says the roll is from the specific character's sheet.