Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does Transmogrifier Copy or Share An Item

Hi All,     Does the Transmogrifier feature copy an item to another campaign, or make a copy that is shared by both campaigns? For example, if I transmogrify some of my home made monster characters from Campaign 1 to Campaign 2, going forward, if I make changes to some of the monsters in Campaign 1, are those changes reflected on the copies of those monsters in Campaign 2, and visa versa?     Also, when copying or transmorgrifying an object to another campaign (say a character or handout), does all the associated artwork go with it? How about tokens that are linked to a Character?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The artwork is all shared (so, no double storage issue), the content is all copied (so changes in one will not change the other).
Gold
Forum Champion
Correct what The Aaron answered. Yes Character Token & Portrait go with Character that is copied by Transmogrifier OR Character Vault (both support the Token and Portrait art-slots). No changes subsequently made to Monster-X in Game1 will not show up on the afore-transmogrified Monster-X in Game2.
Okay, that is helpful. Here is another question: If I Copy the Campaign, and choose to copy the Pages from Campaign 1 to the new copy Campaign 2, can I then delete some of the Pages I don't want from Campaign 2 without them being deleted from Campaign 1? (I know this may seem like this question was already asked and answered, but I want to be sure I don't screw anything up.)
You may delete anything from one campaign and not have to worry about it it affecting the copy, or the original (whatever the case).
Syneran said: You may delete anything from one campaign and not have to worry about it it affecting the copy, or the original (whatever the case). Excellent. Thank you.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Just one addendum in the same vein as your other questions.  You cannot delete images out of your Image Library that are in use in games or they will be removed everywhere.  It may not be apparent immediately that this has happened to you with a game because those images will still be in your browser cache.  Just be sure you're truly not using an image in your image library before you delete it, and you'll be fine.
The Aaron said: Just one addendum in the same vein as your other questions.  You cannot delete images out of your Image Library that are in use in games or they will be removed everywhere.  It may not be apparent immediately that this has happened to you with a game because those images will still be in your browser cache.  Just be sure you're truly not using an image in your image library before you delete it, and you'll be fine. Okay, will do. Thank you!