Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

OnMyTurn & TokenMod

Is there a way to add control to a character at the beginning of the turn and then remove it at the end? I know you can add !token-mod --set controlledby|-USERNAME to remove and !token-mod --set controlledby|+USERNAME with token mod, but I have having trouble getting to the add with the OnMyTurn and not sure what would need to be done to have it remove at the end if possiable.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Hmm.  Are you just looking for a way to only allow players to control their tokens on their turn?  That would likely be much easier to write than trying to get it done with TokenMod and OnMyTurn.

Edited 1600191010
It is more of a way to give my stream account the view of just that players/monsters token. 
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Ah, may I recommend  Observer , which is designed for exactly that purpose?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
I'll update it tonight to pull the observers to the token. 
I have tried that one, and I like it but it has the same issues of showing every token's vision that the observer has access to. I am looking for a way to have it change with each token turn. so you only see the vision of that token.  Unless I have missed a setting or feature in the observer API.

Edited 1600192000
It would help if you describe what you are trying to do with the capability -- I'm sure it's possible as that is exactly what the Observer script does ( <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4742980/script-update-observer-visibility-manager-for-your-streaming-camera-player-or-control-management-for-your-in-person-games" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4742980/script-update-observer-visibility-manager-for-your-streaming-camera-player-or-control-management-for-your-in-person-games</a> ) but I'm not sure if the rest of the functionality is what you're looking for. :) Edit: And it took me far too long to write my response so it looks like The Aaron has already offered the same thing!
Kilter said: I have tried that one, and I like it but it has the same issues of showing every token's vision that the observer has access to. I am looking for a way to have it change with each token turn. so you only see the vision of that token.&nbsp; Unless I have missed a setting or feature in the observer API. Observer should restrict vision only to the single token that is at the top of the turn tracker.&nbsp; That's how it works for me.&nbsp; It looks like there are a few settings within the help menu and perhaps that what needs to be checked?
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
To get it showing only the token whose turn it is, you need to be sure your observer player is not on any characters/tokens to start with.&nbsp; You then want all options turned on in the settings (Initiative Restriction, Initiative NPCs, Initiative Tokens).&nbsp; That should force it to only show the view of a given Token whose turn it is (well, now that I think about it, it probably would show all the views from tokens representing the same character).
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Now that I'm thinking about it, I might add an option to use an invisible token that just adopts the vision options of the token whole turn it is, and has controlled by for the Observer players.&nbsp; That would fix the "multi view from all the goblins" problem.&nbsp;&nbsp;
Maybe I did the setup wrong in the past, I will have to give it another try. It may have been laggy also, but again Ill give it another try and see.