Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Tokens emitting sound

Tokens and map tiles emitting sound would be awesome!. I saw this feature in Foundry VTT but I'm hoping to get this feature in Roll20. Like with Dynamic Lighting, the GM sets up tokens to play a sound file from the jukebox, sets the radius for when the players tokens can hear the sound (with the option of the sound getting louder as they get closer). The sound emitting would be blocked by Dynamic Lighting lines so if the PCs tokens are outside a tavern or dungeon room, they don't hear the bard singing or sleeping dragon snoring inside until they open the door. Or, down the dark passage, beyond their vision range they can hear the sound of water dripping, or..... There are other use cases like cards making a sound when played to the table or tokens making some kind of drop sound when dropped to the table. Naturally, the feature should have API support.
+1 from me! I've been hoping for a feature like this for ages in a VTT!
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .