Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

How to add an emote statement to chat output from Tokenmod set Statusmarkers?

Is there a way to add an emote statement to chat output in the below macro?  I want it to be able to say, “{Player Name} has Advantage”, or  “{Player Name} is Frightened!”. !token-mod ?{Status|Advantage, --set statusmarkers#!red|Disadvantage, --set statusmarkers#!blue|Readying, --set statusmarkers#!sentry-gun|-, |Blinded, --set statusmarkers#!bleeding-eye --flip light_hassight|Charmed, --set statusmarkers#!broken-heart|Confused, --set statusmarkers#!yellow|Deafened, --set statusmarkers#!edge-crack|Frightened, --set statusmarkers#!screaming|Grappled, --set statusmarkers#!grab|Invisibility, --set statusmarkers#!ninja-mask|Incapacitated, --set statusmarkers#!interdiction|Paralyzed, --set statusmarkers#!pummeled|Petrified, --set statusmarkers#!frozen-orb|Poisoned, --set statusmarkers#!chemical-bolt|Prone, --set statusmarkers#!back-pain|Restrained, --set statusmarkers#!fishing-net|Stunned, --set statusmarkers#!fist|Unconscious, --set statusmarkers#!sleepy|-, |Baned, --set statusmarkers#!broken-skull|Blessed, --set statusmarkers#!angel-outfit|Flying, --set statusmarkers#!angel-outfit|Raging, --set statusmarkers#!overdrive|Marked, --set statusmarkers#!archery-target|-, |Dead, --set statusmarkers#=dead|-, |Clear Conditions, --set statusmarkers#-red#-blue#-green#-brown#-purple#-pink#-yellow#-dead#-skull#-sleepy#-half-heart#-half-haze#-interdiction#-snail#-lightning-helix#-spanner#-chained-heart#-chemical-bolt#-death-zone#-drink-me#-edge-crack#-ninja-mask#-stopwatch#-fishing-net#-overdrive#-strong#-fist#-padlock#-three-leaves#-fluffy-wing#-pummeled#-tread#-arrowed#-aura#-back-pain#-black-flag#-bleeding-eye#-bolt-shield#-broken-heart#-cobweb#-broken-shield#-flying-flag#-radioactive#-trophy#-broken-skull#-frozen-orb#-rolling-bomb#-white-tower#-grab#-screaming#-grenade#-sentry-gun#-all-for-one#-angel-outfit#-archery-target#-confused::2379826#-Bane::2723853}
No easy way that I can think of immediately.  Unfortunately repeated macro queries only have access to the output, not the input.  So it would be nice to have that whole macro then another line that simply has an emote. Suppose we only had two query options for Advantage or Disadvantage it would look like this: !token-mod ?{Status|Advantage, --set statusmarkers#!red|Disadvantage, --set statusmarkers#!blue} /em has ?{Status}! But if you select Advantage, unfortunately the emote will be "Kofasing has --set statusmarkers#!red!" because the output of the query is what will come through in the emote. However, TokenMod does have a ' report ' function as well.  So you could write an output for each query option !token-mod ?{Status|Advantage, --set statusmarkers#!red --report all|"{name} has advantage!"|Disadvantage, --set statusmarkers#!blue --report all|"{name} has disadvantage!"} 
Ha, I've wondered the same thing. The workaround I'm using is to store each status call in its own macro, accessed by way of a chat menu macro, which I'm using for vision/light. That way, I can output chat text saying Frank the Barbarian is now using their darkvision! or Frank the Barbarian is now using a torch for light. It's more work up-front, because you have to create a separate macro for each thing (for you conditions, for me sources of light), but I'm finicky about stuff like this, so I don't mind putting in the time. :) If you look at my last post in the Cool Things to Do with Tokenmod thread, you'll see an example of what I mean.