Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Map, Character, and Handout Limits

Heya, quick use question: I am running a campaign that will be shifting into sandbox mode, and I wanted to have many many maps for my players ready, I must have 100+ on my computer. Almost all would be archived to save space on the row of active maps. I also am in the process of making my wiki into handouts that are available to players depending on their knowledge skills as well as having a large number of critters ready. Are there any limits to the numbers of handouts, maps, or characters? Are there limits to the number that can be archived? Thanks for your replies!
Gid
Roll20 Team
There isn't a hard limit. Basically your limit factor is the player/GM in your group with the slowest internet connection/oldest PC.
If I may offer a suggestion/observation? If you're prepping hundreds of roll20 pages with different maps and scenarios, your time might be better spent practicing and developing rapid setup skills. I think you'd be better served by being able to quickly setup a new page on the fly than trying to predict, setup, and 'FIND' the right map page for the situation.

Edited 1402534704
Using the transmogrifier you could organize maps and whatnot in different campaigns. For example, one campaign is called Wilderness Maps, and...wilderness maps go there.
Thanks so much!