Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Complete Guide to Macros & Rolls [New Guide]

Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
You know how the info on how to create and customize your rolls is spread out on a ton of pages? Mainly Dice Reference , Macros & Text Chat , but then there are also things like Roll Templates, Roll Tables, Ability Calls, Token Action, newly found tricks like Reuse Rolls, or just a massive pile of Stupid tricks , without for getting about who to apply these when creating/editing Character sheets. Well, I'm here to tell you: Complete Guide to Macros & Rolls [New Guide - Roll20 Wiki] The guide collects all this spread out info to a single page, listing major features with some examples, while linking to the main pages for the info. I've taken most(or all) dice/macro-related tips from the Stupid Roll20 Tricks (and some clever ones) -thread, and linked the tricks in the relevant sections of the guide. I've also updated several of the related pages To include links to the Complete Guide and the other main pages so it will be easier to navigate between them. Complete Guide to Macros & Rolls‎ q Text Chat - where the roll results appear, & info on the common chat commands Dice Reference - Comprehensive list of how the Roll20 dice-rolling syntax works, and list the features available Macros - How to create macros, and other info on how the Roll20 q Text Chat works, like referencing stats on character sheets, roll queries, nesting macros & initiative Reusing Rolls Roll Templates - a method of formatting roll results in the chat, with some extra functions API (Pro Only) - API commands can be used in the q Text Chat Also have a small section on API, and how rolls/macros relates to building Roll Buttons . The page is still pretty bare, and if someone wants to help: could be filled out with example of some things that are only mentioned including more images displaying the results of the code examples move some of the Stupid Tricks to the guide itself so they are easier to view
Wow, thanks so much for consolidating all this info!
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
A monumental and worthwhile task!
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Looks good!
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Good work - you should have the title Wiki Custodian :)
Thank you!! This saves me lots of searching.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
updated the "Initiative roll" section a bit.