Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Translation: There a quick way?

I am adding translation support to the Iron Kingdoms RPG sheet, and I never realized how many words are on the thing.  My patience is getting low; is there a quick way to do this?  A program, a website, or a horde of fey with typewriters?  

Edited 1601131438
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I can run my ACSI script on a clean version of the sheet, to hopefully generate the a version that have a good number of the tags, along with the associated translation.json file. The ACSi script have been used for sheet translations on like 10 sheets in this way, but I'm the only one who used the script. ACSI is a bit crude, and a Command Line tool for Linux, so few have had the need/opportunity to try, and the only person I heard tried to use it, didn't make it work, for some reason. (The script is mentioned/linked on several Roll20 Wiki pages related to Character Sheet Creation, so it should have been impossible to miss if you'd look up the documentation. I've also updated the Character Sheet Translation page recently with more examples. Guess I should move the mention of the ACSI script to be more noticeable.)
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
On a quick look at the Iron Kingdom sheet on the github repo, I'd say my script should be able to do a decent job of creating the tags for large parts of the a character sheet itself, excluding those tooltip hover info sections(title attributes), roll templates & sheetworkers. I'll finish some stuff first, but can then take and run the ACSI script on the sheet, and see how good of a result it gets, updating this reply or posting a new one if you have replied since.
Don't do the one on Github.  I am revamping it, removing tooltips, and stuff.  So no worries.  I will muscle through the old way.  Thank you for your help.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Okay, send me a version you want to get translated, when you get that far. A version contains no translation tags added by you. my script assumes there is no existing tags so only works on "clean" sheets.
Sadly, I don't have a clean copy anymore.  No worries.  Next sheet I make/rebuild, I will ask before I get rid of my clean copies.

Edited 1601145786
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
btw how much of the sheet have you translated, and how long did it take to do that much? If you've done only half or less of the sheets translations, it could still be that me using the script & spending 10-20min could save you an hour or few for manually work.