Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

7th sea 1st edition character sheet - in need of a Pro user

Hello everyone, I have been playing 7th sea 1st edition for a very long time now. Lately the lockdown has forced me and my players to play online. We got to use Roll20, mainly for D&D 5 for the moment. I wanted to get back to my 7th sea campaign. I loaded the 7th sea 1st edition character sheet into the game I created on Roll20. Unfortunately the background of some parts isn't available anymore and Roll20 puts something instead that makes the sheet very hard to exploit. From what I understood with my very little knowledge of HTML and CSS, the creator of the sheet pointed to pictures for the background that no longer exist on the web (or at least the link has been broken). As I'm not a Pro user I am not allowed to modify the sheet. So I come in need of such a user. Here is what it looks like at the moment : The idea would be to put just a sandy colored background instead of the missing image that creates this read and black part (which makes several lines completly unreadable). Or at least remove the links in the character sheet so it doesn't look like this anymore, whatever is the easiest. I looked into the 2nd edition sheet available on Roll20 but I don't know the modifications from the previous edition and I am not sure we can transfer well experienced characters on it. Hope we can find our saviour.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
1st and 2nd editions are very different and i wouldnt advise trying to use that sheet. Do you have an image to suggest as a replacement?
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
From the image, the sheet seems to have a parchment background even when the image is broken, so maybe it's enough to just remove the broken image?

Edited 1600700534
Coal Powered Puppet
Pro
Sheet Author
Currently working on it: Test campaign here .
Right, I am working on the roll templates.  I need help from some one who knows the rules and can explain how the dice are suppose to go.
Hi guys, thank you for your messages. I tried to reply last week but the forum wouldn't take my answers. @Coal : The dice go like this : when you ask for a roll you add the number of levels in the trait and the competency you need to use. Lets say you want to attack with a sword, you will use the competency fencing and the trait finesse. For example your musketeer has 3 in Finesse and 2 in Fencing. So you roll 5d10. On thoose 5 dice you keep the 3 best dice as your character has 3 in Finesse. So its Trait+Competency keep Trait. AND, each die that rolls a 10 and you keep, you reroll and add this to the total. Exemple : On Fencin you roll 5 dice, keep 3 and you get : 10/9/7/2/5 You keep 10+9+7 = 26 You reroll the 10 and get a 5, which you add to a total of 29 If you had rolled 4 10s you only keep 3 dice and reroll them (and you can call yourself lucky). 10 reroll as long as they keep coming, So on my previous exemple if after rerolling the 10 I get an other 10 I add it to my total and keep rollin'. Explosive dice exception : If you have a total of major injuries equal to your level of Resolve the the dice don't explode anymore.
Hi again, In terms of background I can suggest something like this :
Are there things that add to the dice rolled or dice keep other than the trait or competency?  Is there flat bonuses that get added somewhere?   Do weapons add to damage rolled or kept on the attack?  What about damage? Are you happy with the way initiative works or is there another way to do it?
Hi, No nothing is added to the trait or competency. No flat bonuses unless DM says so. What I do as a DM is I modify the level of difficulty for a task if the player explains how he intends to get some advantage to his action, or if the roleplay is good. Regarding damages it depends between fire weapons and others. Fire weapons have a base number of dice to roll and keep. You just roll these. For melee attack, crossbow, bow... You roll Brawl+weapon and keep what the weapon indicates. For example a sword is 0g2, meaning you roll Brawl+0 (so just Brawl) and you keep the best 2 dice that can be rerolled on a 10. Now this is for a classic melee attack. What you can do as a player is choose to raise the level of difficulty of the attack. Let say your musketeer attacks a pirate who has 20 in parry passive defense. To hit you need to do 20 or higher. If your character is good you may want to raise the difficulty to do more damage. You can choose to raise the difficulty by steps of 5 (25, 30, 35...). For each step if your attack is equal to or above the new level of difficulty you add 1 die to your roll BUT NOT TO THE DICE YOU KEEP. In the example let's say you take 1 difficulty raise. So the new level is 25 (20+5). You roll an attack with Fencing and like in my previous message you roll 26. The attack hits ! Now let's say your character has 2 in Brawl. Normally damage would be 2k2 (2 brawl+0 keep 2). With the difficulty raise it is now 3k2, you roll 3 dice and keep the best 2, with possible reroll on the 10s. I hope this is clear enough. Maybe this difficulty raise can be delt with in the same way spell level is done in the D&D5 character sheet. There when you cast a spell Roll20 asks at what level you cast and if it is above the basic level the damage or cure is calculated according to the level of spell you chose.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
One problem here is that roll20's Keep mechanics don't work with exploding dice. Say you rolled 5 dice, and 3 of them explode adding 1 each. If you have a skill of 3, it would just take the best 3 of those 10 dice. You might expect it to keep the best 3 dice, and the extra 3 exploding dice that went with them, totalling 6. But it won't, it'll just take the three best, so you'll end up with three tens. Using the !! modifier for exploding dice causes any extra dice to be added to exploding dice, and it is treated as a single die. So, for example, if one of your dice rolled a 10, and then a 5, it would be shown as a single die of 15. This ensures the proper sum is used, but counting raises is trickier - you have to remember than any die showing above a 10 is actually 2 or more dice, with one or more 10s included.
That's actually how the sheet is currently set up.  I have also set up a sheet worker script to remove the exploding part once enough wounds are applied.  Sheet workers are cool.  
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
hehe, yes they are :)
I am working on making good working templates for weapons.  I will post here when they are all updated. 
I think the sheet is done.  It is showcased in this campaign .  Tell me what you think.
Hi, I just tested the sheet, it looks great thanks ! It seems that if you add skills line with th "+" it is impossible to delete them when you open the lock and click on the red bin. Not a big issue as you just need to be carefull when you create a character.
Was there any data is the repeating section (skill thing) when you tried to delete them? I could not replicate the error. Its a known...I don't think the word 'bug' applies, so I will use "thing.  Its a known thing that until some data is put into the newly created repeating field, it doesn't really exist, so you can't delete it.  If you click out of a repeating field you just made (that you didn't add any data to) it will disappear.
Thanks for the info, no I didn't put any data so it must be it. So it's perfect. Could you share the sheet so I can add it to my campaign ?
I always have trouble with Github, so I will contact some without my flaws.  Hopefully, they can get it done.
GiGs
Pro
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Sebastien do you have access to an account with a pro subscription? You cant add a custom sheet to a campaign unless you are Pro. If not, you'll have to wait till CPP gets the sheet ready for the roll20 repo and it gets updated there.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
I've submitted CPP's sheet update to GitHub: <a href="https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/7451" rel="nofollow">https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/pull/7451</a> It was late to this week's Deadline, so will likely get reviewed, merged &amp; updated next week's Tuesday.
Hooray!

Edited 1601773870
Seems like the latest version got broken. Some translation parts lost reference and the mobile version's CSS isn't loading. It works, but looks weird. Thanks for the great work though!
Well that is...poop.&nbsp; What happened?&nbsp; I can see the translation isn't loading

Edited 1601831393
vÍnce
Pro
Sheet Author
@CPP Just a quick test of the translation.json using jsonlint.com; &nbsp; Error: Duplicate key 'skills' And there's a blank line after the last key entry (which&nbsp; probably is OK...) "seventh": "Seventh" } Also, it doesn't look like there is a "translations" sub-folder which includes en.json as well as other languages.&nbsp; I never trust that the translation folder and/or the language files get automatically generated so I usually include them when I initially add translation code to a sheet.&nbsp; Not sure if these issues would cause it to break.&nbsp; Just something to look at.&nbsp; Cheers

Edited 1602529249
It's looking great now! Not sure if there where new changes pushed or something else was responsible of the issues. The only thing that changed was that the "equipment" textbox lost all line-ends but wasn't so much of a trouble to fix Thanks for the great work!
Glad to hear it.
Hi, I may help with a french translation of the character sheet if wanted / possible.
@David I do not submit the translation files.&nbsp; Or at least I never have before.&nbsp; Roll20 has put out something about using Crowdin for its translations, but I know nothing about it.
OK thank you.&nbsp;