Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Action from Char Sheet?

Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Probably been asked and answered before - Is there a way - on the character sheet - to assign a roll as a token action? I'm designing a sheet now and would love to have a checkbox "Token Action?" beside things like initiative and whatnot. I imagine this isn't possible do to char sheet limitations.

Edited 1402530384
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
The sheet author can add the "tokenaction" class to a roll button to have it automatically show up as a token action. There is no player control over this though and you cannot add the tokenaction option by other means once in game (like by adding a checkbox on the sheet). I believe most sheet authors have decided not to include this in the community sheets because it forces players to have token action buttons they may not want (or need) and they have no control over it. I suggested a better implementation for this but as yet theres been no response...though i believe it's well known the current implementation isnt ideal but as ever theres a load of other things going on and there seems to be tweaking and improvements coming all the time from Riley and crew :) You can though create a token ability yourself and reference the character sheet roll in it if you want. Have a look at the wiki page of the DnD Next sheet as an example (the link should take you right to the bit you need...the example uses the roll called Strength_Check from the sheet)
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Actoba - yes. I know how to create token actions outside of char sheet. I was specifically referencing building token actions into char sheets. It appears there is a class tokenaction....now I just have to figure out how best to use it in the sheet I'm creating. Thank you you for pointing out tokenaction.
Alex L.
Pro
Sheet Author
Paul S. said: Actoba - yes. I know how to create token actions outside of char sheet. I was specifically referencing building token actions into char sheets. It appears there is a class tokenaction....now I just have to figure out how best to use it in the sheet I'm creating. Thank you you for pointing out tokenaction. I totally removed all forced token actions (rolls that use the tokenaction class) because its poorly implemented at this time, I find it easier to have all the rolls static (not in repeating sections) then provide instructions on how to call them from token action macros.
Actoba
Pro
Sheet Author
Like Alex said, unless you are sure there is something in the sheet that you want to show as a token action for everyone using your sheet (with no control over whether it shows or not) then I wouldnt recommend using the tokenaction class and instead let users set up token actions themselves that call the roll's you have setup in the sheet
Paul S.
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Hoping implementation in the future allows for selection on char sheet to enable. Until then - I'm only using it on initiative and perception. The two rolls in pathfinder that get asked for more than anything else.