Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Significant (5min. to 1+ hours) between player rolling and it showing to GM and rest of group

Edited 1601569865
Detailed description of the problem In the game, a single player rolls and sees the results of his dice on his side of the connection with 30s-1min. However, I (the GM) and the rest of the players do not see the results until much later (sometimes 3-5min., sometimes as long as several hours). I've searched the bug forums and I think a similar issue point to cross shard performance? (I'm an application programmer not a systems admin, nor am I super familiar with your backend systems). Player is noted as having poor internet connection, which we contributed to the problem; But this seems different, as I would expect I would receive a similar 30-1min (which is far more acceptable than 5min to 1+ hours) Issue started about a month ago and continues to persist. He has tried several connection points on his side (using different ISPs/physical locations & separate networks), results have been mixed (as low as 5min, as high as 1+ hours, just like previous location(s)). Minimum number of steps to reproduce the problem 1) Specific player rolls a dice; 2) Result to GM noted at separate time, 5min to 1+ hours after roll occurred. Description of setup Browser + Version: Chrome (Both GM and Player) Browser Addons/Extensions (None, add blocker?) Operating System (Windows 10, probably both GM and Player) Bug Triage Results Please carefully work through to the first three steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues : Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Occurs on Chrome and Firefox.  Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Confirmed, neither GM or player have added since issue started occuring;  Step 3: Clear your cache         Performed (GM side), Pending player. If none of the above succeed in resolving the problem, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) * I assume you're going to need some log details for this problem. Trying to get a clear log with just the affected player now (as well as clearing the cache above player side). Supplemental  Information Including screenshots by using the "Attach a File" link when submitting a post can provide a great deal of information! The more information you can provide, the better able a fix will be reached.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
That Step 4 has been amended. Your best bet is to file this info in a  Help Center Request , where it will automatically receive a work ticket. Out of curiosity, other than the totally natural tendency to post here because of the name of the forum, was there verbiage somewhere that prompted you to post here? Roll20 is trying to transition to handling this sort of thing through the help center, and if there is still an instruction to post here, it should probably get changed.

Edited 1601574003
Roger that, I will put it into the Help Center Request item then. when you go to community forums, the forum grouping: Bug Reports & Technical Issues The Read first indicates to post in the above format. I would suggest editing that post to instead put in a Help Center Request.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Thanks John, I will pass that on.