Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

3d rolls with API, {use3d: true} not working?

So I've exhausted every alteration to this code I can think of, changing where and when sendChat is called, changing and tweaking all the arguments for sendChat, commenting things in and out, trying both inline and /r rolls,  etc, etc, etc.....  I must've been through 30 different versions of this simple little code trying to get it to roll 3d dice, but no matter what I do, it just results in a text-only roll.  I give up.  Please help.   I can confirm that the 3d dice work perfectly fine when I just type /r 1d20+9 or something in chat directly.  I just don't understand why the 3d dice don't work when a roll is made with the API.  I thought that the option argument {use3d: true} was supposed to enable it.  Is it broken? or am I using it incorrectly. on('ready',()=>{   const diceTest = ()=>{     sendChat('myFunc','diceTest was called! [[2d6]]', null, {use3d:true});     sendChat("Name", "Rolling [[3d6]]", null, {use3d: true});   };   on('chat:message',msg=>{     if('api'===msg.type && /^!diceTest(\b\s|$)/i.test(msg.content)){       //diceTest();       sendChat("player|" + msg.playerid, "/roll 3d6 yay", null, {use3d: true});     }   }); });
Bump.  If this is a known issue that has no solution until an update is made, just let me know.