Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Better way to handle APIs

I know this is just for "Pro" but I would like to see a better way to handle APis. I find APis add a lot of functionality, things I wish would get added to base system. But they are time consuming to research and I find them difficult to use. I really just want a way to help send less time on APis setup and more time gaming. 1. Current Curated APIs list for certain games. I want to be able to go in and select a set of APIs that work together for the game I am playing and apply them all at once. This comes with the assumption that someone makes sure they all work together and document all the features so it is easily used. 2. Allow users a better way to add APIs to games. Adding each API i want to use to every game I setup is frustrating. Maybe allow users to setup a "set" APIs they want and allow them to apply them all at once. Very much like option one but user driven 3. Provide better documentation around APIs, I know most of them are community built and that is awesome! I thank you for your time!. But maybe Roll20 could help the community by documenting the APIs. 4. Allow users to hook up a GIT repo so then can add their own API's to games without having to copy and paste the code every time. Not sure if this can be done but it would be cool :) Maybe there are ways to do this but I have not found them. :)
Thanks for the suggestion! After 30 days, Suggestions and Ideas with fewer than 10 votes are closed and the votes are refunded to promote freshness. Your suggestion didn't build the right momentum this time, but feel free to submit it again! We find that the best suggestions describe the problem you are having, and the solution you want. You can learn more about the process of making suggestions on the Roll20 Wiki! More details can be found here .