Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Does the API have access to the scheduled game time?

I'm using the 'Simple Join/Part Greeter' script snippet , and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have the script only run within a certain time frame of when the game is scheduled (as set by the GM on the campaign detail page). I'm not sure if the 'Next Game Will Be' settings are even exposed to the API or not. Barring that I'm thinking I will just play with the code to make it only announce non-GM players, as I don't want there to be a bunch of login/logout messages left in the chat from when I'm updating things between sessions. Thanks for any help you're able to provide!
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
The API does not have access to that data.  Another thing you could do is set those sendChat messages to noarchive. 
Gold
Forum Champion
I have the "bunch of login-logout messages in chat". Doesn't bother me at all, I like showing and seeing the measurement of the amount of activity between sessions. Don't know if this would reassure you at all. I understand if you prefer a more clean, or more private, chat log.
Gold said: I like showing and seeing the measurement of the amount of activity between sessions. Don't know if this would reassure you at all. I understand if you prefer a more clean, or more private, chat log. I realized that I do want to see any player activity between sessions (and keep it in the log), but I don't care about seeing any of my logins as GM or on my 'dummy' account.   The Aaron said: Another thing you could do is set those sendChat messages to noarchive.  I forgot about the noarchive function -- this works perfectly.  I just updated the script so that the GM and my dummy account get a 'norarchive:true' message.  Thanks!