Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Conditional (If/Then) Statements in Macros

I know this has been suggested a few times, but since there's not an open post about it at the moment, I decided to start a new one anyway so that I can add my voice to this request. Conditional statements (even simple ones like If/Then) would make macros so much more versatile. I know that you can accomplish this sort of thing with the API, but that's akin to resorting to a bazooka to kill a hamster, particularly since there's clearly already some amount of conditional logic built into the macro system for things like target numbers or for the exploding/compounding dice. Heck, I imagine you could just make this an extension of the target number system where if a success is computed, it performs tasks contained within brackets or something. Please make this happen.

Edited 1402715658
You are confusing conditional logic with comparative math. As for the dice, Roll20 is, at it's base, a Dice engine, and all those functions are a result of the engine, rather than being conditional logic driven. The < and > are operators just like +, -, / and *.
Dylan G.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Sheet Author
I'd love to see this happen, but, unfortunately, I doubt it will. :/
Nick S.
Pro
Marketplace Creator
Translator
+1. It'd be great if something like this could be implemented.