Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

API slow or not responding.

Edited 1602363485
DXWarlock
Sheet Author
API Scripter
I have been working on this weekends game the last few days. And have ran into times where API just stops responding, its not crashed or errored out, it just does 'nothing'. Restarting the API is a mixed bag of luck: Sometimes it restarts fine. Sometimes it restarts, but still not responding. Sometimes it just does this every time I hit save a few times in a row never actually finishing: Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... Restarting sandbox due to script changes... Previous shutdown complete, starting up... Spinning up new sandbox... Tonight its very rough, I have had to restart it at least a dozen times in the last hour or two to kick it in the pants to work for a bit..to have it stall again.
Same for me, having to restart api very often!
Ditto - 3 different games. Also, not getting any errors on Sandbox fail; no infinite loop detected, errors, nothing. Just ... stops ...
Mine is dead as a mackeral. My game uses a lot of API scripts, session 1 is tonight at 7:30. And people wonder why I drink....
I wish they would integrate the sandbox (just sandbox and restart button, not script adding, deleting, disabling or enabling) onto the settings tab so that I don't have to go out of page to find this out and restart.  Maybe even flash the gear icon or such when the API is no longer running and needs attention.
al e. said: Mine is dead as a mackeral. My game uses a lot of API scripts, session 1 is tonight at 7:30. And people wonder why I drink.... IKR???
Can we get a Dev Response please?
APIs still very slow and sandbox restarting is not working at all. 
My API was totally unresponsive or slow (by as much as a couple of minutes) last night as well. It's been intermittently slow for a couple of months now. I'm not trying to be all "disgruntled customer" but the API is the only reason I'm paying for an account and I've been using it less and less because the glitchy behavior has caused my players to lose confidence in the stability of the game environment.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
I too have been having non-responsive API issues. Usually this occurs during a game, and I don't have the time to capture a console log. The best way to get dev eyes on this would be a  Help Center Request .