Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

2300AD - thinking of running a game, would anyone be interested?

Time for a quick story, some years ago whilst on holiday in Scotland my little brother and I found a copy of GDWs ' 2300AD: Man's Battle for the Stars ' in a second hand bookstore (that’s the original rather than the addition to the traveller20 rules) - we played a bit and I enjoyed the setting and flavour, but that was years ago and the books have sat in their box neglected and unused. Since that little taste I've not played a pen and paper RPG until about a month ago. Well, no more I say, I'm thinking of running a 2300Ad Campaign if I can find players - I'm probably going to be looking for 3 to 4 people willing to play at around 7/8pm GMT. I admit that I do not have masses of experience in RPGs, and this will be my first time GMing - so bear in mind there will be something of a learning curve for me - my plan is to run though a particular story arc I've been thinking of (so this may involve a bit or railroading but I will try to be as subtle as I can, promise). If the campaign is a success and there is the demand I might look to open it up to be much more of a sandbox and carry on the game. So, anyone interested out there?
I doubt many have 2300AD, I would give it a try if I can find a decent copy or pdf.
if i can find some pdfs id love too
Day(s)? Frequency?
Planning on a weekly session, thinking Friday or Sunday (but I'm able to make sure I'm free most nights so would be ok to change that) You can get PDFs of the game from DrivethruRPG or you can get a CD with all the work DGW released for the system from Far Future Enterprises who hold the rights to all the 2300AD stuff as well as most of GDWs games
So I managed to get my hands on a copy of the pdf and I even managed to find a 2300AD character generator too which helped a lot but I was hoping you could take a look at it and tell me if it is even close to being right.
if this does get done is this with mans battle for the stars or another 2300AD
It will be with Mans battle for the stars - sure tim. I'll PM you
If any of you gents are still interested - LFG advert is up, tim I've sent you an invite to join. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/3556/2300ad-adventures-in-space" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/3556/2300ad-adventures-in-space</a>