Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

[Blades in the Dark] Seeking documentation, or answers to a few questions

I am just starting (as a player) and I am really impressed with the Blades in the Dark character sheet already. Is there detailed documentation for it somewhere? Or maybe there is a forum thread to report/request changes? If not, maybe folks can answer these questions: Is there any way to change the font for the Notes (lower right). It's really difficult to read the default font. Can I turn off the lines in the Notes field? They don't scroll with the text, which also makes it difficult to read. In the settings (gear icon) there is a text field labeled "Image to show alongside chat rolls". What can I put into this text field, what images are available? It is just a URL, or a reference to a built-in library of images? If there are any hidden features I'd love to know about those too! The Torg Eternity sheet is full of those. :-) Thanks in advance....
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
If you want to tweak the appearance of the sheet, or R20 in general, I'd highly recommend installing Stylus or a similar extension. The Stylening thread is a good place to start - you can change pretty much anything you can see outside the canvas itself. This only takes effect for you - you're not editing the page, just how it's styled in your browser. I'm not familiar with the sheet, but I'd say that text box is just for a URL, you can test it with this <a href="https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/150119084/bqUDdEvKzLySYAC0MSNBoA/thumb.jpg" rel="nofollow">https://s3.amazonaws.com/files.d20.io/images/150119084/bqUDdEvKzLySYAC0MSNBoA/thumb.jpg</a> and see if it does anything :)
Yes, turns out the text box is just for an URL, but it's fussy and not all image URLs I tried work. But I got the basic idea. Stylening looks cool, I will check that out. Thanks much!
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
This is a nice feature I might recreate on other sheets, seems like a nice little thing. Pity you can't display Images from custom url on the character sheet itself, like the character portrait/avatar.
By the by, I noticed that, unlike most other things I select, which turn red, one of the deadly allies (down triangle) remains black. Is there a secret (or not-secret) reason for that?