Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Question: how to add a homebrew class/subclass to the Charctermencer without using the Custom button all the time?

Heya! im quite frequently playing a oneshot campaign, and i love the charctermencer, Makes it really quick and easy for new players to hop in and create a charcter, The problem is that i have a ton of new players, and its a pain to add the gunslinger/Blood hunter homebrew class Aaal the time. is there a way to permently add it o the charactermencer? I have seen a few marketplace purposes with custom homebrew classes that are charactermencer approved. And i would be quite happy to buy the subclass Gunslinger actually if someone would make that for me, Lots of love!
Pontus e. said: Heya! im quite frequently playing a oneshot campaign, and i love the charctermencer, Makes it really quick and easy for new players to hop in and create a charcter, The problem is that i have a ton of new players, and its a pain to add the gunslinger/Blood hunter homebrew class Aaal the time. is there a way to permently add it o the charactermencer? I have seen a few marketplace purposes with custom homebrew classes that are charactermencer approved. And i would be quite happy to buy the subclass Gunslinger actually if someone would make that for me, Lots of love! I believe it can be rather hard to actually get that. Since Gunslinger and Blood Hunter class is owned by Mat Mercer/Critical Role, Mat/Critical Role does hold the copyright to those classes even if he allow people to use the classes for free. At least where I am from, copyright is assigned to any intellectual property you create even if you do not take it to market. As long as you use it for your game for fun, all is okay and no problem. If you create a marketplace item however you do infringe on the copyright and take something you did not create and sell it to a market owner should have a monopoly on (copyright/trademark laws are also called legal monopolies. They are monopiles out of necessity). Unless Mat creates a marketplace item himself that adds that into the charactermencer, I believe you are out of luck. Now I am no Roll20 genius or anything, but I will just give you my opinion. I believe there will be no easy way to make this happen. Custom classes most likely require custom solutions. You may be able to ease the workload by just having a template character saved so you only have to fill in race, background and skills. With the compendium that should be rather easy to solve.