Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

My game will not load for DMs only

I have been unable to load my game for almost 2 months now, my players are able to get in and load and everything on there side works fine but if i give any of them DM they cannot load the games its just the loading screen (it stops there). i have not done anything (directly) to my knowledge that would cause this problem. i am use a add on for roll20 but i have never seen it be a problem in other game, and even if it was turned off (or uninstalled ) it would still not load for me, if i load in with another account as a player its fine, but if i up the account to a DM it wont load, i have tried other browsers and have already gone to Roll20 support but i cant tell if it not getting though or there that swamped but even so it almost be 2 months since i went to them for this and after sending another one im not sure its working ether, so in short - Cant load if you are DM (everyone cant) - even on other browsers it still wont load - other Internets even - it only that game - can join if player - already been to roll20 help (but nothing has happened, and the second one has been ignored or lost? - so im here because i kinda feel like im wasting my money for paying for pro for one campaign that sometimes happens for only 3 players - i have the archive but cant put it here (well i think i can with a link but idk how to do that) - my games name is Unknown Dangers
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
My first guess would be that there is a particular page that the DM is set for that is not where the player flag is set. If that page has a problem (usually related to being too large). It's tough to solve, even with a  Dummy Account , though that would be worth trying. I'll see if I can direct any attention to this.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Also, check for extensions, which can try to do unexpected things. Here are the Steps to go through to pin down a problem: Could you please carefully work through these steps of our guide to  Solving Technical Issues ? Step 1: Make sure to use the right browser Please check if these issues persist when using both Chrome  and  Firefox. Step 2: Ensure that there are no extensions/addons interfering with Roll20 Please disable  all  add-ons/extensions. Step 3: Clear your cache If none of the above succeeds, please thoroughly work through  Step 4 .  (Don't forget the complete Console Log!) Thank you!
Step:1 is does not work on any other browser Steps:2 sorta same thing even with everything uninstalled and on other browsers with no extensions/addons Step:3 did that, nothing changed sadly
i have already done step 4, sadly i'm imaging they are to busy to answer and when they did the first time the problem was not salved before it was closed and i still had questions as i would like to know how this bug came about as i would like to avoid recreating this bug,  i have figured out a way to still play but it involved moving everything one by one into a new campaign (copying the campaign does not work) and its kinda disorganized right now
still sadly this has cost me and my players a lot of time and im worried it can happen to my other games as i run them all the same
This is happening to me too... Started last Sunday and I'm going to have to cancel this session too... I've done all of the above and more... even copies of the game without maps don't work.
maskan rill you can try transmognifier and move everything one by one over (it will take a lot of time and you will have to re organize everything)
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Logan, Two months waiting for support means something definitely went wrong. It's a ticket system, so they can get a little bit behind, but they can't ignore it. Are you still waiting on support or have you solved the issue for now? I can see what I can do to get attention on this. Maskan Rill, have you filed a  Help Center Request ?
i dont really need help to fix it now (as i have moved it to another campaign) but it still would help getting it back, and no i have not had another update other then i think me being notified (ish) that my ticket was closed