Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

LFG Rare or Oddball Games

I would like to be a player in some oddball stuff. If we could get a GM and a group together to play any of these, I would be ecstatic. Let me know. Ghastly Affair (or Groovy Affair set in Collinsport Maine) JAGS Wonderland/Book of Knots 1 st ed WFRP (not Enemy Within) Ultraviolet Grasslands (Seacat) Arduin Gazetteer 3 version of Glantri with 1 st ed AD&D Ptolus with 1 st ed AD&D Midkemia Press with 1 st ed AD&D Gamelords’ Thieves Guild/Haven, native system or 1 st ed AD&D Chaosium Thieves World, 1 st ed AD&D
Have I got a Game, for you. it's the Indy Title called "Free from the Yoke". each player plays as a Faction House playbook as well as a Storyline character. if you would like to see some game play watch "the Gauntlet Hangouts" Playthrough by Lowell Francis and Crew on YouTube. I am looking for 2 more players and have made tabs and setup basic tabs for the rules of the game so we can learn it together. it is my first time running the system but I have been Gming for 16. I am offer something other then D&D and it seem rare to run across players that want something other then vanilla. Just thought I would offer a new take on an Rpg. 

Edited 1603314394
Oh, it would be my pleasure to host any of those! DM me, and let's talk
This looks interesting.  I'd be down for learning something new.  :)

Edited 1603321249
Gold
Forum Champion
Well, shoot. I am intrigued by your rare games list -- particularly the rare/unusual Settings for AD&D 1st Edition. That is near to my interests, but not quite exactly on point with what I have available. May I list?  Write me back to get into these sorts of games: Dark Sun (mad max, dune, conan, world) AD&D 2nd Edition Reverse Dungeon (you play the monsters) AD&D 2nd Edition Explore Dungeons Inside A Strange World (randomizers with megadungeon ), BFRPG . Basic Fantasy RPG. We can covert and run this equally in AD&D 1st or any OSR clones and remakes, Old School Essentials, DCC, OSRIC, Castles & Crusades, Swords & Wizardry, and so on. NOTE: @BARON This is the world/setting that I have set up and Made it myself (based on some randomizers and generators). I don't have Ptolus or Gilantri, Midkimea, Chaosium, Arduin, I mean I don't own most of those books or haven't read them in decades and haven't done anything to bring them into roll20 yet, so that would be a long way off compared to the megadungeon that I already have set up and looking for cool compatible enthusiastic fun players. I understand though, about specifically looking for different settings other than a regular old dungeon crawl. We can discuss options.    Lasers & Feelings (you have ONE stat, it's a one-shot space game, episodic with replay value, has randomizer, 2-10 players, 1-3 hours, 1-page PDF) Lord Of War (Hex game roll20 marketplace) Gemso Monster Battle (2 person board game roll20 marketplace) Spoken Magic (collaborative story-telling roll20 marketplace) Starport RPG (if you are a Parent + 1-2 kids who wants to play together, I'd DM it) Base Brawl, Sports Brawl, Battle Royale (roll20 marketplace) Quite a few other indie games, Custodians of the Galaxy, Dialect, Travelogue, The Quiet Year,.. and so on. Development ... I'm into developing/working on ways to play in Roll20 for Gaslands, Car Wars, Newshounds (PbtA), new version of Temple of Elemental Evil, HeroQuest, Avatar Last Airbender (ad&d spinoff with elemental bending powers). Those are all ones I'm involved in as a Player in a group, or as a GM setting it up, or I'm enrolled in a Playtest, and so on. Some of them are my games that I can offer on specific times, ready-to-play this weeked. Some are looking for people who want to get more involved, on the level of porting content into the VTT to enable playing those in the future.  Dialog with me directly (anyone who is energetic about these titles / settings)
Wow that OP takes me back, I actually ran most of those when they were new :)
Hi Rerednaw, nice to hear from you again!
Is that REVERSE DUNGEON based on the TSR product or have you developed this yourself?
I'm running a 1 shot Comedy Horror Next Friday let me know if you are interested. 
Just in reference to my OP, I'm looking to form a group to play the specific things I mentioned (and get a volunteer to be GM). While I have no objection to folks connecting to play other games, that's not my goal. I just want to play what's in my OP. Carry on! :-)