Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Token Quick Actions Not Showing

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.  I am very new to Roll20. I just purchased a campaign in the marketplace. I have it loaded in a game and I wanted to go through, make myself familiar with things. It stated when I click on a token for one of the monsters, I should get a quick actions bar that comes up. This is not happening. What do I need to do to activate it?
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Which campaign is it? The Token Action bar runs along the top of the screen (rather than attached to the token), which I'm assuming is what it's talking about.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Characters do not normally come with token actions (the buttons across the top). If you are used to seeing them automatically, it may be that you have played in campaigns where the GM has created them for player use. Token Actions are often extremely dependent on what sheet is installed, so trying to create ones that would be universal would be a largely futile effort.
Oosh said: Which campaign is it? The Token Action bar runs along the top of the screen (rather than attached to the token), which I'm assuming is what it's talking about. It is The Neverending Dungeon Tile 1 - Artic by DMDave. The instructions say that the tokens on the map should have Token Actions when you click on them. It is just me, the DM in the game...is that a deciding factor on if a tile's actions show? Do I need at least 1 player present?
keithcurtis said: Characters do not normally come with token actions (the buttons across the top). If you are used to seeing them automatically, it may be that you have played in campaigns where the GM has created them for player use. Token Actions are often extremely dependent on what sheet is installed, so trying to create ones that would be universal would be a largely futile effort. The campaign I purchased The Neverending Dungeon Tile 1 Artic by DMDave, states in its instructions that there are Token Actions tied to any tokens. I was just in the game by myself as the DM, does that impact whether the actions show or not? 
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Are these tiles tied to a character sheet in the journal?&nbsp; If so, you should check the attributes and abilities tab to see if there are abilities that aren't checked as token actions.&nbsp; If they aren't tied to character sheets, you could also check to see if that addon created any global macros that you would need to enable in your macros collection as token actions. I don't own that item, so I don't know.&nbsp; Those are the only sources of token actions I can think of that would be built into something like that, so check those places. If nothing else, it looks like DM Dave has multiple possible ways of contact on the author page in the marketplace.&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/publisher/497/dmdave" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/publisher/497/dmdave</a>
Kraynic said: Are these tiles tied to a character sheet in the journal?&nbsp; If so, you should check the attributes and abilities tab to see if there are abilities that aren't checked as token actions.&nbsp; If they aren't tied to character sheets, you could also check to see if that addon created any global macros that you would need to enable in your macros collection as token actions. I don't own that item, so I don't know.&nbsp; Those are the only sources of token actions I can think of that would be built into something like that, so check those places. If nothing else, it looks like DM Dave has multiple possible ways of contact on the author page in the marketplace.&nbsp; <a href="https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/publisher/497/dmdave" rel="nofollow">https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/publisher/497/dmdave</a> Thanks. So after exploring a bit, I did find there were no abilities created for the Token Actions. I was able to make them, by basically replicating their attacks from their sheet. I really don't want to do that, for all of the creatures though haha. I reached out to DMDave to see if there was a way to add them/activate them.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
Raiku, Fortunately, DMDave is extremely engaged and proactive, and actually has a feedback and bug reporting thread .