Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Pop-out journals.

It would be really helpful if you could take a journal page and break it out as it's own tab or window. I've mentioned this a few times in the blog comments, but it's probably a better idea to give it a proper thread here. The basic premise is this: Journal entries, particularly with the new addition of character sheets, take up a lot of screen space and cover the playing board. This is exacerbated by the fact that there isn't really a good way to switch between multiple pages and the board. While it might be possible to come up with a work-around for this with-in the app, most OSs already have solutions for multiple windows built in at the hot key level. If I could pop out my character sheet (and have it's macro's still work) and one or two key journal entries, it would be trivial (and, more importantly, quick) to alt-tab between them. Even better, if I have multiple monitors, I can have the actual game on one and information related to the game on the other, removing the need for any switching. This would drastically improve the flow of the many, information intensive, games and also make it much easier to arrange macros (You could simply have a sheet dedicated to them or call them off your character's journal entry).
Just fyi, you can double click on the title of a journal entry to minimize it to a smaller box you can drag around on the screen.
That's definitely an improvement, but it still takes up screen real estate and is slower than alt-tabing.
Popout character sheets would be awesome.
Tom
Pro
Sheet Author
But not as helpful as a pop out chat window!