Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Oddity - Whisper Player Macro shows wrong name....

Using this Macro as a token action: /w @{selected|token_name} ?{Message:} I selected the token, clicked the macro, typed "test" and it works fine except it lists the message destination as  the wrong target. I created for this druid player, Animals they can turn into as character tokens.  For some reason, even though I don't see the name anywhere in the current token or the linked character entry, the whisper targeting the token results in a message to "Name-Animal" instead of just to "Name" of the character. I did name these other character entries as "Name-Animal" does that mess this up in some way?
NVM, I guess - I revised the naming of the other character entries, removed the space between first name and the form. I was using "Name Animal Form" and changed it to "Name-Animal_Form" and that worked to resolve it.
Oosh
Sheet Author
API Scripter
Using quotes around the whisper target should allow spaces: /w "@{selected|token_name}" ?{message} If it makes your life easier, you can just whisper the player by player name. So if Alice controls Druid, Brown Bear and Giant Elk character sheets, you can just /w alice ?{message} instead (though this may not be ideal if you don't want OOC names in chat for RP purposes).
#Like