Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Response time has come to a crawl

Windows10 on Chrome on a computer with lots of memory. I’ve been using Pro for months now. All in all, I find it very useful, but . . . Let me start by saying I’ve been using Roll20 for many months and have developed a sense of it's usual response time. Things have gotten incredibly slow lately. It seems to me the problem of screen refresh-rate and action time between when I apply a macro and the time it takes for it to respond has worsened with the latest Roll20 update. In a fast paced game, it becomes a reall buzz-kill. The FX routines – forget about it.  My biggest complaint, however, is not game time. It’s in the development time, and I spend a huge amount of time in game prep. For example, when I call up PCs/NPCs Character Sheets for editing, it takes a “week-and-a-day” to load. Actually, a blank screen comes up – holds – then if I click on Edit, everything shows. Erratic grid movement has started - ie - when I attempt to drag/drop a token, many times, the entire grid moves along with the token, (not the map layer).  AND – do you announce ahead of time when your about to do an update. I hate finding out about changes in the middle of a game.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
Have you tried using a different browser?&nbsp; There have been some mentions that a recent Chrome update is causing some issues for some people that they need to patch for... In case you are one of those people, you might want to check to see how things operate in Firefox in the meantime. You might also consider going through the troubleshooting steps on Chrome:&nbsp; <a href="https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues" rel="nofollow">https://wiki.roll20.net/Solving_Technical_Issues</a>
You may also want to take a look at the "Updated Dynamic Lighting - Feedback Thread" thread at the top of this forum category for the latest developments.
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
This thread has some folks reporting what sounds like the same slowdown issue. Both posts above are good advice, though.