Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account
This post has been closed. You can still view previous posts, but you can't post any new replies.

Suggestion for future marketing and advertising.

I usually am a GM and have been running many games on roll20.  I heard about the roll20 con but couldn't find any information about it (other than checking a box to indicate a game I set up was for the con).  I just found this forum albeit too late.  IDK maybe have a bit more splash about this in the future?  I mean I know to look here next year... also if there are any kind of giveaways you could have an incentive for GMs who run for the con by auto-adding them or having a drawing for them.  I don't really need the stuff but it may boost attendance numbers? 

Edited 1603989124
Thanks for the feedback. I've added your suggestions to our notes for next year's planning.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Yeah the marketing didn't pick up properly until a bit over a week before it started. Using the "announcement bell" to at least announce when Roll20Con started would have been a proper use for it(as it's only for major updates), in case you've missed the two e-mails we got, and didn't follow Roll20 too tightly on social media.
Kraynic
Pro
Sheet Author
ᐰndreas J. said:  in case you've missed the two e-mails we got, and didn't follow Roll20 too tightly on social media. And the announcements forum post from Sept. 18 that is still pinned up there.
Andreas J.
Forum Champion
Sheet Author
Translator
Kraynic said: And the announcements forum post from Sept. 18 that is still pinned up there. Yeah that one should have been replaced with newer ones more often
Gold
Forum Champion
I'd like to see Roll20CON focus heavily on LFG... placing gamers with GM's. Users of the Roll20 site. Any tweet that directs to Twitch TV (Amazon) is another person's freetime being steered away from playing games on Roll20, and towards watching TV streaming with a small group of actors-performers-players. I'd like to see A LOT more outreach to roll20 users, Volunteer GM's, for months in advance of Roll20CON, and then strongly highlighting the offered game opportunities. CONVENTIONS are for people (users, gamers) to meet each other. It shouldn't be just a CONFERENCE to attend as a viewer and watch presentations. It should be focused on participation in Roll20 tabletops. In my opinion.
I'm with Gold. I actually had to cancel a game because nobody showed, either it was uninteresting or it conflicted with a featured game with Internet celebs/personalities. And why is it that Internet celebs (streamers, etc) get all the attention? I mean, I already know the answer, but I did like, however, the thread inviting people who stream to post their links. And would it be possible to hook up a celeb with an average Joe GM's game (even if not streaming)?