Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Interest Check D&D Next

Hey fellow rollplayers, Since D&D Next will come out in a few weeks I want to get a feel how big the player community will be. I will follow the WOTC plotline ( start with the starter campaign and then go on with tyranny ) I'm searching for rollplayers with experience, preferably some kind of D&D edition, who are willing to commit for a longer time. Cheers
From what I've seen, quite a few people are already playing Next with the playtest ruleset. Reviews that I've seen have been generally positive, so it looks like it's going to have a nice player base from the start! Are you thinking of starting a 5e campaign from the playtest soon, or waiting until the official release?
As far as I know WOTC will release the starter set in 4 Weels ( 2 for core shops) I will get the starterset and play it through. I think 1 month later, when the PHB DMG and MC will come out they will start with they Tyranny of Dragons series. That also would be my rough timeframe I want to use.
I think you'll have plenty of interest. I also think there will be a lot of games running the released adventure modules so it might be hard to both DM and Play, unless you don't mind knowing the plot before it happens. I know I'd be interested in getting into another 5e game.
i can say that i join every DnD next game i can find :D
I know I would be interested.
I would definitely be interested! I had very little experience with 3.5 and 4, but I'm really enjoying the D&D Next playtest version I'm using. If you start a game, count me in!
very interested here!
I'm very interested as well. I haven't played 5th edition yet but I have all three core books pre-ordered. I'm an experienced player and DM of all other editions and other games as well.
Also very interested. Been a long time since I played D&D but I've played 3E, 3.5E, and 4E. Would love to find a committed group who want to crack open the latest edition. If you put together a group to play the Starter Set and Tyranny of Dragons series, please invite me!
Hmm. Do you have a DM yet?
Hi Simon, I do think that there'll be a lot of interest in the new edition. I'm currently playing in a 5e roll20 campaign with Aladar (who posted earlier in the thread), and I'm certainly interested in getting into another game. Send me a message/add me to the game if you've got space for me... long-time D&D player (early nineties is when I got my start), very into theatre of the mind style games! Hope to hear from you.
That's great. Yes I was going to DM myself.
yo Simon , that sounds great. I´d love to play the module as a player. I´ve played next a few times now and dm´d a couple times. Yet what would be important, where are you from and what time of day would you like to play?
I have been GMing for 20 years but am relatively new to roll20. I am starting a new D&D next campaign and am looking for players wanting to start a new adventure. Please post new topic with information below to apply - APPLICATION (Player) Name: Age: Preferred in-game role (if any): How often do you prefer to play? Amount of campaigns DM/GM'd: What days and times are you available to play? Experience with D&D Next (pick one) Beginner -- Intermediate -- Knowledgeable -- Experienced -- Mastered What style do you most prefer? (pick one) Kick in the door -- Storied -- Between -- Both! Congratulations! You're done! If you have any additional questions PM me at my account location! Otherwise, rules and alterations will be posted in the forums for when you join! I will GLADLY help with work-shopping, especially if you're a new player! When does it start, though?? This session will only start once we have at least 3 players (preferably five). It will likely be weekly on weekends Most sessions will range 3-4 hours each, and there will be one encounter minimum per session-- there will be Role-playing available in the forums in-between sessions for players as well. Playtest packet downloadable here: <a href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwZ71lCYRqTdZERWZ3I1T25UNmM/edit?usp=sharing" rel="nofollow">https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwZ71lCYRqTdZERWZ3I1T25UNmM/edit?usp=sharing</a> if you have a more recent one let me know!
Name: Derek Often played: I play one game (i DM) every now and then DM exp: 1 Day and time: Im good pretty much any day as for time im in scotland to not to late. Exp in DnD: Beginner WHat style: Both Still very new to dnd and willing to learn, I also know mostly 2nd edition
Great for everybody who still is interested. Here my thread with some more information. <a href="https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1009262/dm-lfp-d-and-d-next-fridays-7-pm-est/#post-1009262" rel="nofollow">https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/1009262/dm-lfp-d-and-d-next-fridays-7-pm-est/#post-1009262</a>
If anyone here is interested in a one shot tonight, pm me