Roll20 uses cookies to improve your experience on our site. Cookies enable you to enjoy certain features, social sharing functionality, and tailor message and display ads to your interests on our site and others. They also help us understand how our site is being used. By continuing to use our site, you consent to our use of cookies. Update your cookie preferences .
Create a free account

Initiative tracker locks to turns.

As a free user i can't post in the suggestions forum. So if anyone thinks this has value please post it. Would be good to have a GM activated toggle on the tracker to lock character turns to it, and lock updates. I was thinking you could clear all selections and force the selection tool option OFF and not useable. That would stop you using select until your turn. You could still measure etc. Token macros would be off. That prevents characters moving between turns or using any targeted macros. If you leave it at a NPC then the game is paused/locked as no PC can select a token to move. If characters have an action outside the tracker (reaction, commanded strike) you can toggle it off just while they do their action.
There's no rule against free users posting in the suggestions forum. I've posted several times.

Edited 1604505583
keithcurtis
Forum Champion
Marketplace Creator
API Scripter
There might be a time-since-joining requirement, IIRC. Many rule systems (including D&D 5e) allow for movement when it is not your turn, as well as using abilities. The DM would need to constantly toggle the setting. Although personally I think it would be a vast hindrance, If you are interested in this, there are ways to achieve it with the API, though this would require a subscription of course. If you are having an issue of players moving and acting when it is not their turn, it might be better to handle this from a social aspect rather than a mechanical solution.
The Aaron
Roll20 Production Team
API Scripter
Number of votes for a user in the Suggestions and Idea's forum = # of full years of membership on site + (5 for Plus) + (10 for Pro).
Yes, free users can comment on suggestion threads, but until they are here at least one year (and have at least one vote), they cannot start a thread (which needs a vote).